+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default One leg much fatter than the other?

Hi ladies,

My DS is 19 weeks old and has quite chubby legs. His right leg, however, is chubbier than the left leg by 4cm at the thigh and 2cm at the calf. It has become quite obvious over the past few weeks and I'm becoming quite worried about it. I will take him to the doctor next week as we are currently interstate on holidays but I just wanted to hear from others that may have had this issue. I have attached a picture of his legs so you're able to see what I'm talking about.

Thanks!
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1398234373.762726.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bumping

I've only seen something like this in adults and both times it was to do with lymphatic drainage issues.

Does it seem to be causing him any discomfort or mobility issues? It looks quite uncomfortable.

I'd err on the side of caution and get him checked out ASAP. Can you possibly get into a dr where you are or visit the local hospital ED?

Thanks
    Reviews
    He doesn't seem bothered by it and when I look back in all the photos of him since he was born it has always been chubbier - it just wasn't as obvious. It's really only been since he started to chub up that I've really noticed it... The right side of his stomach also sticks out further than the left but I noticed that just after he was born so I asked the paed about it and she said that it's just because that's where his liver is. Maybe it's not just because that's where his liver is? Maybe it could be related to whatever is causing his right leg to be bigger than the left?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would get this checked out by a Doctor. A PP's comment about a lymph issue may be a possibility.