+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Twins Due 2014

Hi all,

Thought I'd start a thread for those expecting twins this year - where we can share experiences, advice and just general chit chat!

Look forward to hearing from you

Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi i am expecting identical twin boys this year. I am almkst 25 weeks!. So far everything is looking good. I have terrible back pain tho since 20 weeks and cant do much or go out very long.
    Having 2 weekly scans to monitor for tts. So far so good.
    Just bought our new pram, its a bus! Haha and soo expensive.
    How are u going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies. I'm not expecting twins but hace gorgeous, cheeky identical twin girls 2 1/2 years old. Any questions you have just ask! So exciting its the most amazing special adventure ever :-D

Sent from my GT-S7275T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies,

Nice to hear from you. Unfortunately my journey here hasn't been so easy and seems I can't catch a break... Had 3 failed rounds of IVF then fell pregnant with twins on our 4th round 😃 I then had 18 weeks of nausea 😞 but is all worth it. At my 24wk scan we found out my cervix is shortening so I've been on hospital bed rest since (currently 26+5) and I'll be staying here until they arrive. Reality is they'll be premmie but it's totally out of my control now, I'm just doing what the doctor says and that's all I can do. It was very hard in the beginning but I've accepted my lot in life for right now...

Fortunately DH and I had done our shopping, picked what we wanted and paid a deposit so I have enjoyed that time with him.

Sorry to be a downer!! But I'm all good!

What pram did you pick? Have you bought much else?

Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nausea is terrible with twins hey. Mine was too, then all of a suddenit was gone.
    Sorry to hear things havent been so easy for you. Just think of the blessings you will have at the end.
    I looked at every single pram but decided on the baby jogger city select. We needed one that would ta, e a toddler board as i have a 1 1/2 year old son. Quite pricey but we managed to get everything else mostly 2nd hand off ebay or gumtree. Im a great bargain finder!.
    All the best xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone! I'm expectingboy/girl twins in July and am almost 26 weeks.

JB I'm so sorry to hear you're on bed rest. It's good the doctors picked up your cervix length early. Hopefully the rest will prevent early labour.

How long is your cervix?

I don't think mine is very long but I have my scan booked for next Friday. Also have my glucose test coming up on Monday. Fingers crossed everything goes well, but I think things don't always go as planned with twins.

We bought our cots last week. They should arrive this week! Can't wait!

Still have 6 weeks of work and need to buy some stuff (feeding pillow, bottles, cot sheets etc).

Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly. Although I'm struggling. I have SPD and round ligament pain. There are days I'm hobbling like an old lady!

Sent from my C6903 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, (thanks for starting the thread jb :-))
    Im still only early, 7 weeks and 1 day... does the nausea, fatigue and cramping ever end??? Im so excited to be pregnant after a few failed ivf cycles but I didnt realise how awful id feel (sorry for sounding like im complaining).
    Im glad we can all share our journeys together (ive also sent another lady @bayside90 over who is also expecting twins in november).

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Megs! Yes the nausea does go away and I don't think it's wrong to complain about pregnancy. Carrying twins is hard! I didn't think it would be, but some days are a struggle. Good thing is that I hear it's all worth it!

How did you feel when you found out you were having twins?

Sent from my C6903 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Cocoblue, glad to hear the symptoms settle down/get better. Growing two id hard work and ive barely started.. haha!
    I think I am still a little shocked and overwhelmed even though I knew it would be a possibility because we did our first ever double transfer. Im really nervous about it all in reality. How did you feel when you first found out? And how do you feel now?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was in disbelief. Then I nearly threw up!.had a smalll panic attack.
    But fear and anxiety slowly turn into joy and excitement.
    Dont get me wrong,im stilI terrified now but more scared in a good way.
    We both feel very blessed.