+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nudge88 View Post
    Thanks ladies. I just feel like I'm really in the deep end here.

I'm also having a hard time trying to do what's best for DD and dealing with my Ex's demands. He thinks that now he's back in her life, he should have equal inputs in decisions regarding her. For example, she does swimming lessons and ballet once per week. My Ex has said that in a year or two, he wants her to drop the ballet and do tennis.

I get that he should have some say in DDs upbringing, but he chose to leave. I think it's ridiculous that he expects to be welcomed back with open arms and have a major say in DDs life. I wish he'd just take it one step at a time.

I would respond with, sure...you can look into tennis lessons for her. Just let me know what day YOU are going to be available to take her to the lessons and what time you have booked her in for.

It is fine to "have a say" but to make those everyday decisions he needs to be around and to take responsibility...not to make demands on you to run and his beck and call.

At the end of the day...the choices of extra curric go to the child and if your DD loves ballet she should not have to give it up at his demand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nudge88 View Post
    The trouble is, if I don't agree to his demands, then he won't agree to other things that I need his permission for, like the current stalemate on getting DDs passport signed.
    i agree to deflecting and "agreeing in principle" in order to have a somewhat peaceful life.

But, also put it back to following what your DD will like...or suggest that he could take her to play tennis on a few visits and see if she likes it.

With the passport...i would approach it from a moving forward approach and make it clear that if he wants your co operation then he needs to give his. Do it gently...but if he won't do a simple thing like sign paperwork...why should you help him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Don't let someone hold a passport application over you. Next time you see him take the paperwork and a pen. Let him know you can get it done in the court or he can just sign now. As for the tennis, let it go for now. He may have dropped off the face of the earth by then

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agreed to the tennis thing. Who knows if it'll actually happen.

As for the passport, he flatly refuses to sign. I asked him, he said no. Gave him a few days to think about it, he still says no. Sadly we are going to end up in court. So much for a fresh start.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Say you need the passport to take your child to a special tennis camp overseas...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

harvs (30-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Say you need the passport to take your child to a special tennis camp overseas...
    Hahahaha. Great idea.