+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Help..bad day/week off diet

I have been trying to lose the last 5kg of my pregnancy weighg (ds is 2) I have been going to the gym 3 times a week and making healthy choices.
    The last week or so I have felt so bloated and fat its just got me down so I just think this exercise crap is doing nothing why bother?
    I have beem trying for 8 months!
    So I started eating bad food again and now I feel even worse..augh!!
    I even went to macdonalds today I havnt in so long. I ordered a meal got home to see they didnt give my chips! So that made me angry.. if in gojng to be fat why wont my fries be there too!

I suppose this is just a vent.. has anyone else been in my shoes? Tell me your stories too.. thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi @kim85 what kind of exercise are you doing at the gym? If there is 1 thing i could recommend is to lift weights.... heavy weights.. You might not notice a difference on the scales but you will with your clothes.

Also you may be feeling bloated if your salt intake it too high, try lowering your salt intake and drink 2+ litres of water. Also try increasing your protein.

Hope that helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Also - when you say you have been eating healthy, do you track your calories, because you may not be eating enough calories (or you might be eating too many calories)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for the reply.
    I used to do weights but got more into cardio classes like step and a sort of boxing one but no gloves or bag but realky gets my heart rate up so high. .

I was also tracking my calories but stopped.. maybe I have slowly slid downhill but I didnt really think I was eating badly.

I used to never have to worry about my weight and its rrally disheartening that now im struggling so much

I am about to cook pumpkin soup and tuna patties to take for work lunches to stop me even going to buy it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I became overweight a few years ago, and in 2012 started counting calories. Over 6 mths I lost 5kg and have maintained that loss even after a bub. I exercised mainly for leisure, I found the calorie counting was what was essential. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks piyamj.. I will start doing that again on my fitness pal and add some weights and hopefully thats the key. Its just these last 5kg that won't go.. the rest I found not to difficult to get rid off..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kim85 For This Useful Post:

Piyamj  (18-04-2014)