+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What kind of car do you or your DH/DP have as a daily driver?

I have a Rav 4, and DH has a Subaru WRX which is his baby, but is old and slowly dying. The gearbox went in it about a week ago and it will be expensive to fix. We are thinking about buying him a daily driver type of car instead.
    My grandparents have a V6 Calais they are getting rid of that we MIGHT be able to pick up cheap, but I think it would be fairly expensive on fuel if he is driving about 40 mins to and from work each day. Does anyone know how economical on fuel they are or are not?
    Id love to hear what do your or your DH use as a daily driver. How many km do you get out of a tank? Is it reliable?
    We aren't fussy and would like to be able to buy something secondhand and CHEAP!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ours are little cars- a Mazda 2 2005 hatch and a Hyundai Getz 2006 hatch. Both really economical and we've had no issues. DH says he finds the Getz a bit uncomfy to drive but the Mazda is fine (he's 6 foot)

Thanks
    Reviews
    V6 and v8 are normally not the best especially as some are only able to use premium... Stick with a 4 cylindr.... Especially if u don't want to spend a fortune on fuel... I've heard the Mazda 3's and Mazda 6's are great.... We have a toyota Camry and love it get about 600+Kms to a tank (60l) depending where the fuel comes from... Our other daily car is a 4wd with a dual tank (180l) we get over 1000kms a tank

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a Toyota Prius and absolutely love it

Eta: it costs about $65 or so to fill up on premium unleaded and goes for about 900kms.
    Last edited by Curby; 13-04-2014 at 19:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the latest Toyota Corolla Ascent Sport and it is SO good on fuel. At the moment it costs around $55 to fill. I drove 400km in one day last week, and it used half a tank!! $27 I am amazed. Such a great little car and well well worth buying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a subaru forester and I get 9.4L per 100 kms with a 60L tank.
    Its great to drive and good on fuel-plus as a non turbo model its cheaper to fix
    Dh has a vw golf and gets Rediculously good milage from it

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by Liddybugs; 27-04-2014 at 19:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I drive a Mazda Cx9 that's a fuel guzzler and DH has a Great Wall ute. We are just about to sell it because he'll be having my Mazda and I'm getting a new car but the GW has been great. It's a 4cy turbo diesel costs around $80 to fill and lasts 4-6weeks on one tank. Never had any problems with it at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We both drive landcruisers but we do borrow a teeny little corolla on occasion and that's awesome on fuel.

4 cylinder would be the way to go and try and pick a popular make so that hopefully parts are cheaper.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a petrol Mitsubishi pajero and dh has an r34 Nissan skyline. The skyline is much better on fuel then the pajero. Before I had the pajero I had a vt commodore, the pajero uses about the same fuel as the commodore did. It costs me around $100 per fortnight to go to work, do shopping, drive the kids around etc, that's just driving around town though. I'd never ever ever own another Holden again, maybe I just had a lemon but I spent sooooooo much money keeping it going. Dh is a fan of Japanese cars, they're much better quality.