+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    Does it work for those 'microsoft' scammers though? I was on the Do Not Call register but would still get calls from them. I got a silent number last time I moved I was so over it.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Im not sure. I have had one call from someone like that last week. I havent had another call though. Hopefully they stay away!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    Does it work for those 'microsoft' scammers though? I was on the Do Not Call register but would still get calls from them. I got a silent number last time I moved I was so over it.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    No. They still call even after asking them and telling them to take you off their list and even after telling them you don't have a computer.

I let them do their big talk and instructions on accessing my database then remind them I don't have a computer. Before you know it.. beep...beep...beep...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

just her chameleon  (07-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    No. They still call even after asking them and telling them to take you off their list and even after telling them you don't have a computer.

I let them do their big talk and instructions on accessing my database then remind them I don't have a computer. Before you know it.. beep...beep...beep...
    Bugger!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    I think the dnc registry only works for Australian based companies. Anything outside Australia don't need to comply. Will try and back that up. Brb

Eta: the computer one, while a well known scam, is theoretically offering fault finding which is exempt from the register.

https://www.donotcall.gov.au/faqs.cfm#a17
    Last edited by DesperatelySeekingSleep; 07-04-2014 at 14:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    Anyone have a solution for my problem? We have a number which is similar to a dr's surgery in our area. We get at least 3-4 calls a day requesting appointments. I have looked in the local phone book and online and no where is our number listed as the surgery number. Our number would be eg 91233456 and theirs 91234456. It has been happening for years! I'm not exaggerating the number of calls either.
    Ask the people who are calling the name of the surgery they are trying to get in contact with?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    They reckon there are no errors on their part and its all patient error. They say the people calling are putting the wrong double digits in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your only option would be requesting a new number. It will be because it is miss-dialled by the caller, so not something you can change/filter.
    We had a recycled number from a Chinese takeaway that went bust, we kept getting calls from people wanting food but also multiple times a day from creditors looking for money. We ended up getting a new number as it was 15+ calls most days