+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glittertg View Post
    Thanks for all the replies. I know my post is quite a novel.
    As for birth control, I spoke to my doctor yesterday and she said I would be an ideal candidate for that bar that goes in your arm? I can't remember the correct name for it. I also know DP would be willing to get a vasectomy too.
    You will proabably had a hard time finding a dr who will do a vasectomy on DH as he is so young. My DH is 30 and we have 4 kids and he was refused when he asked.

Quote Originally Posted by cluckcluck View Post

I understand about stressing out about the financial side of things. We found ourselves unexpectedly pregnant with #4 when our third was only 5 months old. We had to upgrade our car which meant going in to debt. We're going to have to move in to a bigger house eventually.

I was realllllly not happy about having another baby so close to #3 but like you I couldn't consider a termination. I think you will only regret a child that you didn't have, not one you do. Things might be hard for a while but you'll make it work if that's what you want.
    We are almost exactly the same is this. Found out I was pregnant (on minipill) when DD was 7 months old. I was scared as hell. We had to buy a bigger car. A person DH has been working with for months has decided he isn't going to pay (well says he is but we have been waiting months and still haven't got it, he has no intentions he was meant to be DH mate) so we are $1000 and $1000 of dollars out of pocket and are trying to catch up now but we are making it work. Still trying to catch up but we are nearly there now. You can make it work. Please don't have a termination if you don't want one.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mordygordy For This Useful Post:

glittertg  (06-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I should mention that he is 25, probs still too young. Thanks for that though I didn't even consider that they may turn him down...

And I meant I'm young, I have plenty of time to keep building this family up finacially and get myself a career etc.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to glittertg For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (06-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I should also say that we have decided to try and get severe financial hardship through our super fund. Which if approved would get us out of debt. I don't know of anyone has any experience with any of this and could give me some advice too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I hope he comes around hon, chances are he will. The fob of the baby i am
    having in 4 weeks was a complete ******* and definitely didn't want out child and even he seems to have decided he's interested now..I guess in my mind things with his work are likely to change at some point aren't they? I doubt he plans to remain in this position forever and I'm guessing that if money wasn't an issue he might even be happy about the baby. So the baby isn't the problem - your finances are and they can be worked on I know I'm probably sounding like I'm over simplifying a difficult situation but I do believe that in a lot of unplanned pregnancies the baby is rarely the issue it's problems on the periphery and they are usually temporary iykwim. My overall feeling is that you do not sound like you would be ok if you had an abortion and really think you need to follow your feelings about it but also play an active role in finding solutions to your problems financially which you are doing Have you considered financial counselling through a place called Christians against poverty? (The are free).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to KaraB For This Useful Post:

glittertg  (06-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KaraB View Post
    I hope he comes around hon, chances are he will. The fob of the baby i am
    having in 4 weeks was a complete ******* and definitely didn't want out child and even he seems to have decided he's interested now..I guess in my mind things with his work are likely to change at some point aren't they? I doubt he plans to remain in this position forever and I'm guessing that if money wasn't an issue he might even be happy about the baby. So the baby isn't the problem - your finances are and they can be worked on I know I'm probably sounding like I'm over simplifying a difficult situation but I do believe that in a lot of unplanned pregnancies the baby is rarely the issue it's problems on the periphery and they are usually temporary iykwim. My overall feeling is that you do not sound like you would be ok if you had an abortion and really think you need to follow your feelings about it but also play an active role in finding solutions to your problems financially which you are doing Have you considered financial counselling through a place called Christians against poverty? (The are free).
    Thankyou for your advice.

Today we finally talked about things and I do think he is starting to come around. He even spoke to his best friend on the phone last night and I over heard him tell his mate that a baby girl would be nice this time. We just need to work out finances and how we are going to afford a bigger car.

I might try finacial planning. It is just a bit hard to budget when we don't have a set income to go by just yet.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to glittertg For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (06-04-2014)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    best wishes

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

glittertg  (06-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh I'm so glad for you that he seems even a little bit open to the idea He might not know it yet but one day he will look at your child and be very glad they are here- and you are the reason they live and are loved by both of you. You were strong and did what was right. That's something to be very proud of. And you know what? This baby may have been the push you both needed to kick things up a gear and really focus on some long term solutions to your current difficulties

13. The Following User Says Thank You to KaraB For This Useful Post:

glittertg  (06-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    How is it all going @glittertg ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Everything is so much better now! I'm 27 weeks with a healthy baby girl DP has been working for the last few months and is about to score a full time position on a government worksite that should last about 2 years. Still haven't been able to buy a new car to accommodate new bub but hoping we will be able to afford to finance a car in a few months. We are putting in applications on houses atm so should be out in our own house asap.

DP is actually happy about having his first daughter and looking forward to it. So quite alot has changed since april.

Thanks for thinking of me xx

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glittertg For This Useful Post:

Sookie Stackedhouse  (03-09-2014),VicPark  (03-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh i forgot to add that we were approved for severe financial hardship and paid off our credit cards! Woohoo!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glittertg For This Useful Post:

Sookie Stackedhouse  (03-09-2014),VicPark  (03-09-2014)