Closed Thread
Page 83 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Happy Mother's Day to all the new mummies, I hope you've all had a wonderful day with your little miracles! I'm sure it was such a special day for each and every one of you!

Happy Mother's Day to all the mums-to-be as well! DH spoilt me with a little gift and card. I had a little tear when I read the card, we've all been waiting for this and I can't believe it's all happening so soon!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

Jay11  (11-05-2014),Team panda  (11-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy Mummy's Day to new mums, mums (like me!) and mums to be!

Two nights to go !!! So we have all had our whooping cough shots, interesting my OB didn't do strep b as he said it was a csection ?? Oh I gave the first figurine of pregnant mum and dad holding the belly tonight along with a card that has pic of cute newborn feet! Dh had a very difficult time through this journey and there were many dark moments over the years that his faith would falter. And I said that in the card that - I didn't know when but I knew everyday we were a day closer in meeting our little person, our little life....He was surprised by the gift and teary! But the surprise to me was that ds yelled out mum we were looking at different ones for you today at DJs for Mother's Day gift! So there you go !!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (11-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope everyone had a lovely Mother's Day today. It was my first and I got some beautiful flowers from my little one(via DH!)
    Ann, it's getting closer for you. How exciting!
    A question for those with babies... How long do your babies spend awake during the day at any one time?
    V has been a great sleeper if I stick to a really tight routine of sleep feed sleep, but if I break it a little (because we are out) she finds it very difficult to settle and can literally be awake for a few hours. She then gets herself in such a state and it's very hard to settle her back to sleep. So in these early days, how long should a baby be awake for at any one time?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

ann17  (12-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope all you lovely mums and mums-to-be had a nice relaxing day today and got spoiled a little. I certainly did and I am so thankful for all that I have.

Panda, my little one varies in her awake time but I have been trying to feed her when she wakes then keep her awake until I can see she is starting to get over stimulated/tired and try and get her to sleep without feeding again although at the minute she needs a little comfort suck to get to sleep. I will eventually try working towards self settling but not for a while. Today she usually stayed awake for around 2 hours including feeding time and the longest in between feed start times was 3,5 hours . Hope that makes sense. She slept more in the afternoon/evening today and I took advantage enjoying my lovely russet dinner. I'm hoping that doesn't mean she'll be awake more tonight!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LittleMissMagic For This Useful Post:

ann17  (12-05-2014),Team panda  (12-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    *roast dinner

Thanks
    Reviews
    LMM Thanks, yes that does make sense. I also would like to get mine to self settle eventually.
    She is having some cycles where she would be awake for three hours in total, at least. Sometimes she will lie in her bassinet and just stare out the window. I have her in the cocoon nest which is like a cot and I can wheel it from room to room. During the day she sleeps in the lounge room where it is quite bright. I'm following what the hospital nurse told me to do which is not put her in a dark quiet room during the day. But to maintain the hospital environment which she was use to, ie bright, a little bit of noise, mummy in same room etc
    Where is everyone else putting bubs to sleep in these early days?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did any one else have problems sleeping in the days after bub arrived?I'm putting myself to bed when bub is down but can't drift off. I'm going home tomorrow so hopefully sleeping in my own bed will do the trick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Panda- when Abj decides to sleep during the day (today is a fussy day) she is in a bassinet in our room. The room is bright and I have the door open. I'm in a one bedroom flat so she is close to me regardless of the room. I try not to make it too quiet and often out on a fan heater (if it's cold) or the radio/iPod so there is background noise. Plus we don't walk around on eggshells during the day if she's asleep.

ABH- I've had a few times where I haven't fallen asleep...usually when the breaks are only an hour between feeds. Like today, Abi is really unsettled and I found it hard to rest as she only naps for around 45min sessions.

Witching hour?? Anyone know much about it?
    Think I'm experiencing it in the late arvo-evenings. Not fun :/

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (12-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and trying a white noise app out too. Got the sound of the womb and heartbeat. Reminds me of when you go and get a scan and listen to the heartbeat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sleeping is currently what we are trying to focus on. Sometimes Ellie would not sleep through the day at all or would have 6-7 hours awake at a time. As a lot of development happens during sleep the nurse would like her to sleep more as she does show lots of tired signs. Currently on more structured day feeds hoping the sleep/settling will follow but no luck yet. She may nap on and off for 30 mins between feeds. I on the other hand used to take ages to fall asleep but since she has come along will be asleep within 5 mins of my head hitting the pillow!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to hwaterhouse For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (12-05-2014)