+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 73
  1. #51
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    8,396
    Thanks
    5,947
    Thanked
    4,955
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterallyNoOne View Post
    You need to become a paed lol because all the paeds and doctors here refuse to listen if u ask if it could be a food intolerance

    Sent from my LG-D802T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I'm surprised (though not really) they are as intolerances can only be diagnosed through elimination, so it ensures a follow up appointment!

    I had volunteered ever so briefly with RISA but with DD an other personal and family commitments I had to withdraw, but I hope once this bub comes along and both my kids are older I can join up again to spread the word about silent reflux. Especially to these 'professionals'.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Mildura
    Posts
    1,567
    Thanks
    486
    Thanked
    398
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    I'm surprised (though not really) they are as intolerances can only be diagnosed through elimination, so it ensures a follow up appointment!

    I had volunteered ever so briefly with RISA but with DD an other personal and family commitments I had to withdraw, but I hope once this bub comes along and both my kids are older I can join up again to spread the word about silent reflux. Especially to these 'professionals'.
    That is an excellent idea as it seems to be taboo among professionals

    Sent from my LG-D802T using The Bub Hub mobile app

  3. #53
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    8,396
    Thanks
    5,947
    Thanked
    4,955
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    How are things going SimmyN? Still improving?

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,488
    Thanks
    308
    Thanked
    915
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    How are things going SimmyN? Still improving?
    Hey Allie Pallie,
    We went on holidays this morning.. Slept beautifully this morning and then this afternoon while driving he barely slept at all now he's over tired and doesn't want to sleep bit sad with him being so upset by it.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,488
    Thanks
    308
    Thanked
    915
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Still trying to get him to sleep at 11:30pm he's been on and off since 12:00pm! It can't be healthy for him wrapping him hasn't worked because the weather is a lot warmer then he's used to so he's too hot. My partner is coming down with something he's got no voice I'm dead on my feet I've been up since 1am not the start to the first family trip I expected and wanted

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Mildura
    Posts
    1,567
    Thanks
    486
    Thanked
    398
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SimmyN View Post
    Still trying to get him to sleep at 11:30pm he's been on and off since 12:00pm! It can't be healthy for him wrapping him hasn't worked because the weather is a lot warmer then he's used to so he's too hot. My partner is coming down with something he's got no voice I'm dead on my feet I've been up since 1am not the start to the first family trip I expected and wanted
    You poor thing!! Have you tried co sleeping just until he is completely asleep then moving him. Babies just don't like warm weather. My DS hates anything above 30 which is a pain because we live in mildura and during summer it's regularly above 40.

    Sent from my LG-D802T using The Bub Hub mobile app

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,889
    Thanks
    452
    Thanked
    596
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DS has reflux (not the silent kind, he's a chucker) and this sounds exactly like him. He slept really well at night but fought it during the day. One day he was awake from 5am - 10pm!! And was screaming most days.

    Losec has helped so much, huge difference. Please be careful with infant gaviscon. I was advised to give him that too & it was terrible advice as it really bunged him up. It's a feed thickener to stop them throwing up (so if he's not a chucker I can't see what it will do for him), but it also "thickens" their poo.
    Mylanta is the one I've heard to use for diagnostic purposes. It is a cooling antacid. That's NOT how Infant Gaviscon works at all. None of these helped my DS, but the Losec did.

    The GP was very reluctant to diagnose reflux and just told me to wait until our paed appointment at 9 weeks. You might need to see a paed. Good luck!
    Last edited by peoniesarepretty; 08-04-2014 at 06:52.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Mildura
    Posts
    1,567
    Thanks
    486
    Thanked
    398
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    My DS has reflux (not the silent kind, he's a chucker) and this sounds exactly like him. He slept really well at night but fought it during the day. One day he was awake from 5am - 10pm!! And was screaming most days.

    Losec has helped so much, huge difference. Please be careful with infant gaviscon. I was advised to give him that too & it was terrible advice as it really bunged him up. It's a feed thickener to stop them throwing up (so if he's not a chucker I can see what it will do for him), but it also "thickens" their poo.
    Mylanta is the one I've heard to use for diagnostic purposes. It is a cooling antacid. That's NOT how Infant Gaviscon works at all. None of these helped my DS, but the Losec did.

    The GP was very reluctant to diagnose reflux and just told me to wait until our paed appointment at 9 weeks. You might need to see a paed. Good luck!
    Maybe all reflux babies silent or not just have the same temperament lol. Infant gaviscon didn't help us either. I use a feed thickener my DS doesn't chuck but refluxs in his throat and chest numerous times a day then gulps it back down that's what silent reflux is they also get very mucousy throats and makes it hard for them to feed that's where thickened helps silent reflux babies.

    Sent from my LG-D802T using The Bub Hub mobile app

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,889
    Thanks
    452
    Thanked
    596
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterallyNoOne View Post
    Maybe all reflux babies silent or not just have the same temperament lol. Infant gaviscon didn't help us either. I use a feed thickener my DS doesn't chuck but refluxs in his throat and chest numerous times a day then gulps it back down that's what silent reflux is they also get very mucousy throats and makes it hard for them to feed that's where thickened helps silent reflux babies.

    Sent from my LG-D802T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Our paed even made a comment that he's never seen a baby with reflux problems who sleeps through the night as surely the symptoms would bother them then too. But he does, and seems he's not alone!

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

    LiterallyNoOne  (08-04-2014)

  11. #60
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    532
    Thanks
    186
    Thanked
    240
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry you are going through this Simmy especially on your family holiday x

    My bub has silent reflux which is difficult to diagnose and my GP is only now taking me semi seriously. We start losec today.
    Last edited by Wissa; 08-04-2014 at 21:08.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Dummy Nightmare
    By Blossom88 in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23-01-2014, 09:47
  2. Nightmare child...
    By Tiredmama2 in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 14-08-2013, 21:56
  3. Daycare nightmare!
    By LollyDolly in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-08-2013, 07:35

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
The Health Hub & Glowing ExpectationsGlowing Expectations is conveniently located at The Health Hub in Darlinghurst. We offer pre & post natal personal ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›