Results 731 to 740 of 981
21-07-2014 15:12 #731
21-07-2014 15:15 #732
21-07-2014 15:18 #733
Congrats Snowy! Hope you managed to get hold of Dr M and he is able to help you.
Haha no worries SoClose! Waiting for the dreaded beta call. Not feeling confident. Good luck with your consult this arvo. Let us know how you get on.
Ps can't believe you're awake at 4.30am!!!
21-07-2014 15:31 #734Senior Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2013
Congrats snowy. Thanks all for the reply. I think I will just take it after breakfast, lunch and dinner. 8hrs dose just doesn't work for me.
21-07-2014 16:07 #735
Another BFN for me today. Hcg of 3. Had hopes that IVIG was going to do the trick. Follow up with Dr M for our last try on Thurs.
21-07-2014 16:28 #736Senior Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2012
We have all but given up.......
Flying over to Sydney Wednesday night for my biopsy after our last failed round.
We have pretty much decided on a surrogate I think. Too much money and pain to keep failing.
21-07-2014 17:34 #737
Oh ladybug and galea I'm so sorry for both of you. This infertility crap is hard enough and then we have immune issues on top of that .
For those interested in protocols I have my new one for my next cycle. Just spoke with Dr M and he thinks most of my implantation failures are because of my endometriosis. He suggested changing to ivig but after a million cycles funds are very low and I've read so much about overseas doctors saying intralipids are just as good. Who knows! So Dr M changed things up a bit:
Two intralipids. One three weeks before transfer and the other one week before transfer.
Change from pred to dex. I had to push for this. He was going to keep me on pred but I wanted something stronger. He finally agreed.
Increase progesterone to 1600mg per day plus daily progesterone injection
Clexane 40mg starting one week before transfer but not on transfer day.
Adding in neupogen. I don't know much about this one. He said it is hard to inject and has to be monitored by blood tests. Any information or success stories on this would be appreciated! I don't know where to get it from. Can anyone help? Dr M said to shop around to find the cheapest.
Also progynova to start three weeks before transfer.
I think that's about it. Plus all the usual vitamins etc.
He asked a lot of questions about our donor embryos and our donors. He was pleased our donors had their baby from the same batch of embryos and that our last embryo was an expanded blastie.
Hoping the extra things added in will get us there next cycle
Hi to everyone
21-07-2014 18:11 #738Senior Member
- Join Date
- Oct 2012
Ladybug... very sorry about your BFN. I so know how you feel. I too have put such a lot of hope into Dr M - first three times on his protocol I did Intrallipids, but all BFN, so this time did IVIG as I really wanted to give it my best shot, just like you. My BT is not until next Mon, so still a bit to go.
Galea... again, I'm close to that road. We have two more of my sister's frosties so will use those, if this one doesn't work, and then will try a couple of goes with younger eggs from SA. Have seriously thought about surrogacy, but then realised that I'm using both donor eggs and donor sperm, so may as well look into adoption instead.
SoClose.... I'm rather relieved at how your appointment with Dr M went - I pretty muh asked for much of those things, and he said no, so maybe you've broken the ice for me next time :-) I'm also very interested about having the two lots of intrallipids (3 weeks before and just before transfer), as I've been reading a little bit in the past week about doctors in the USA saying that really the intrallipids and IVIG should be done 2 weeks before ET as it takes that amount to do what it needs to do in your body. Dr M has always said to me 3-10 days before ET, but I'm wondering whether the 2 week thing is newish research and he's catching onto that.
21-07-2014 18:38 #739
Thanks ladies. Such a crappy journey. No one should have to suffer this horrid pain.
Galea-good luck wth the biopsy. I hope it gives you some answers.
MGC Bertie-I really hope the IVIG is the key for you. Will have fingers and toes crossed for BT.
SoClose-Sounds like a constructive consult with Dr M. I think neupogen will be in our next plan so really keen to know more too. Maybe we can get get a 2for1 or bulk deal!!!! Did Dr M say how often the blood monitoring is and why dose you'll be on? When do you start? Pretty sure @Nidhulaine is a good source of info for the neupogen??
The Following User Says Thank You to ladybug14 For This Useful Post:
MGC Bertie (21-07-2014)
21-07-2014 19:19 #740Senior Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2012
Thank you lovely people. It really is such a wonderful source of support and information in here.
Shame we cant have a meet up.
By Libelle in forum Reproductive ImmunologyReplies: 910Last Post: 28-03-2014, 09:49
By lissyloulou in forum Reproductive ImmunologyReplies: 940Last Post: 17-11-2013, 16:30
By helenmac in forum Reproductive ImmunologyReplies: 937Last Post: 21-05-2013, 16:39
Cots on BubhubLooking to buy a cot or bassinet? :: Cot safety checklist :: Local or online nursery ...
LATESTToilet training: when is the best time to start?Why it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Chickenpox after being immunised?Pro-Vaccination
Egg Donation in South Africa #14Egg Donation
Same Sex Parents TTC #5Same Sex Parents
Pokemon go. Chat #2General Chat
IVF babies due March/April/May 2017#2pregnancy and babies through IVF
IVF Babies due August/Sept/Oct' 16 #4pregnancy and babies through IVF
The Not So Serious Vent Thread #7General Chat
Career change - good idea?Working Hubbers - Employed