Closed Thread
Page 46 of 93 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    GirlFromSydney, I have elevated NK cells (probably more than slightly elevated). I'm having intralipids at CFC, so it is something they do but I'm not entirely sure how 'into it' they are over there. It felt like they'd just do it if you asked. It costs about R2200 which is a bit more than I pay here but not too bad.

As for whether it works, I can only add that I have only achieved pregnancies since I went on it. Could be coincidental but I won't take the chance on this DE cycle :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Helonweels View Post
    Hi here girl from Sydney... I'm an old bondi girl from a few years back too....
    I had a fluid sonogram (thinks it's called a hysterogram). It is uncomfortable.. There is no two ways about it. But you are able to take something around half an hour so so beforehand to ease the discomfort.
    It gives a much better picture of what is going on inside. I had to have one as I'd previously had surgery for a septate uterus.

As for accommodation in ct, there is a good website called airbnb.co.za. It's a bit like the SA version stayz.
    We will be in CT from 8th of May through to 20th so it would wonderful to catch up. (I think sunflower11 will but there too around the same time)??
    We are further up the hill from the sugar hotel in a private apt. We did the hotel thing last time and decided on more privacy this time around. Accom is very cheap at the moment as the rand is v high against the $$$$.
    Hi Helen, Was that with Joel? Yes I think I had one of those before as well. It didn't ring a bell till you said hysterogram. I didn't find it too bad from memory. Nothing to be worried about GirlfromSydney.

Also Thank you so much for mentioning airbnb website as I looked them up today and one of those will be perfect for me, as I want an apartment style where I can prepare my own meals (to save some money and plus Ill be on my own for more than a week).

Esperanza, may I ask how much the day trip safari cost you? I would love to do one, even just the day trip would be enough. Would be a shame to go over there and miss out. But all depends on cost I suppose.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tittle View Post
    It doesnt seem to be controlling DW's hormones, she is still teary all the time

Our donor had her screening on friday, and it looks like we need to be in cape town starting 4th august, we will probably just miss you! We would have liked to catch up! (still waiting on final plan though so it may change)
    Oh that's a shame - yes I was hoping to meet up with you two, or someone at least. Maybe by the time I am going someone else might be there at the same time from on here.
    I am still waiting for my donor to be screened/scanned/whatever - they are meant to let me know so that I can pay them! Then I guess we can book in our flights. Getting more real each week!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Klm - it cost us $470 for my husband and I to be picked up from our hotel at Green Point, and then 2 1/2 - 3 hour drive to get there. They provide tea, coffee and biscuits when you arrive in the morning and then you do a 3 hour drive. They provide lunch afterwards which was nice and then the 3 hour drive back to your hotel. Our guide Christu was awesome. He certainly made it memorable.

I will say though it does have a certain staged feel to it. For example they have hay laid out in certain areas where the zebras will feed for instance but they still walk right next to the car so it's still amazing to see. We didn't feel a need to do an overnight trip as we saw everything on the first safari anyway so we felt the day trip was enough. It would be cheaper if you drive out there yourselves.

Was it you that was worried about doing the POI injections yourself? My husband is a FIFO worker so I have to do them myself as well. He has been doing them so far but I tried myself this morning. Apart from the initial hesitation of jabbing the needle in it was fine. Only awkward bit is checking for blood when aspirating. So I do it in front of a mirror.

Girlfromsydney - thought I would also mention The Odyssey apartments. That was our original pick. It's across from the stadium and was $99 a night. The owner seemed lovely and it's self contained. We walked past there to have a look and it seems like a nice area. Not as close to restaurants though.

Luca - thank you, welcome and best of luck

AFM - clinic called and all 9 embies are still growing strong. They will call us tomorrow for an appt time for transfer on Wednesday. Tomorrow we are doing full day trip to cape of good hope and wine lands.
    Last edited by Esperanza; 29-04-2014 at 01:51.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Esperanza For This Useful Post:

Biba jani  (29-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nice numbers Esperenza - looking good

Thanks
    Reviews
    Esperanza how do you make calls from Facebook? I'm trying to work out Skype at the moment as hubby and I have been using FaceTime over the past couple of weeks whilst he was away but that uses up data and won't therefore be cheap. I don't have free wifi as I'm staying in an apartment.

Good luck with your cycle it sounds like you have some really nice eggs.

Luca I saw a Dr re NK cells as things weren't quite right and I am being treated for it this cycle, whilst I was told it was only slight, I'm taking more meds than some, anyhoo, I know the docs are inconclusive about the effects of the NK cells but if you are spending all that money to go to SA then its worthwhile looking into it.

the way I think is that years ago they didn't think smoking and drinking harmed a baby, medical advancements now know it does, there are a lot of stories of positives happening after the NK treatment.

as for the accommodation question, i stay in a serviced apartment, granger apartments which are located in the grounds of the Raddisson blu so it had round the clock security even though it doesn't need it, it's around $120 per night but they will do deals in winter and for longer stays too. Its by the water near the V&A, the stadium and if you want to venture out for dinner you have the Raddisson or local restaurants you can walk too. If you would like the info PM me and I will send you the email address the concierge Carol can let you know what is available. She will send you pictures so you can get an idea. This will be my 3rd time staying with them.

AFM I leave tomorrow, still not excited and don't have much hope really, I'm still in two minds about the eggs, I really would like Matty to have his full sibling but there is only one egg, if I use the other eggs then I will likely tell them to put all 4 in rather than 2 in the hope that one may stick. I'm hoping for fate to intervene I guess.

good luck everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Esperanza View Post
    Klm - it cost us $470 for my husband and I to be picked up from our hotel at Green Point, and then 2 1/2 - 3 hour drive to get there. They provide tea, coffee and biscuits when you arrive in the morning and then you do a 3 hour drive. They provide lunch afterwards which was nice and then the 3 hour drive back to your hotel. Our guide Christu was awesome. He certainly made it memorable.

I will say though it does have a certain staged feel to it. For example they have hay laid out in certain areas where the zebras will feed for instance but they still walk right next to the car so it's still amazing to see. We didn't feel a need to do an overnight trip as we saw everything on the first safari anyway so we felt the day trip was enough. It would be cheaper if you drive out there yourselves.

Was it you that was worried about doing the POI injections yourself? My husband is a FIFO worker so I have to do them myself as well. He has been doing them so far but I tried myself this morning. Apart from the initial hesitation of jabbing the needle in it was fine. Only awkward bit is checking for blood when aspirating. So I do it in front of a mirror.

Girlfromsydney - thought I would also mention The Odyssey apartments. That was our original pick. It's across from the stadium and was $99 a night. The owner seemed lovely and it's self contained. We walked past there to have a look and it seems like a nice area. Not as close to restaurants though.

Luca - thank you, welcome and best of luck

AFM - clinic called and all 9 embies are still growing strong. They will call us tomorrow for an appt time for transfer on Wednesday. Tomorrow we are doing full day trip to cape of good hope and wine lands.
    Thank you for the info on the safari. Helps to have a rough cost so we can budget for it it.

I have done needles before in my stomach so not so concerned about the needle, was trying to get my head around putting it in my behind. But shouldn't be too hard.

So pleased for you that your embies are still all going strong.
    Last edited by KLM0511; 29-04-2014 at 13:51.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

Esperanza  (29-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Jodi!!!!!! Thinking of you.
    Great numbers, Esperanza! Fx.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AllieOop For This Useful Post:

Esperanza  (29-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    JodiW - have a good flight and sending lots of positive and vibes your way.

Esperanza - great news on your embabies.

Emski - thinking of you today hope the bleeding has eased.

Girlfromsydney - hope all goes well with your sonogram this week. We've booked the harbouredge studio apartments via booking.com this weekend. They are in the city bowl area around $1300 for 13 nights with free wifi, gym and free parking. currently arriving on the 17th may - 30th may.

Looking at spending a weekend in the stellenbosch area and trying to decide between a night at either Inverdoorn or Aquilla - which is best? We have been to Kruger and spent a week in Tanzania on the Serengeti and loved it.

Luca - I too have slightly elevated NKC, on Dr's scale normal was <12 and mine are 16 so only borderline elevated. last 3 own egg cycles was on pred and clexane meds but sadly no luck, however at my level my Dr did say that with a younger stronger embryo they would most likely not come into play and the embryo would implant. I'm on clexane anyway as part of my protocol and will discuss with Dr LR on our first visit if i need to add the prednisolone as well. Agree with the others after all we are doing if it doesn't harm us but ups our chances it is worth it to me.

Those on intalipids do you mind me asking what your NKC levels are?

Ladies, do you mind me asking are your hubbies sustaining from alcohol? We've had lots on recently and though hubbies not a big drinker he has been a little drunk these past couple of weekends and I'm nagging every time a beer goes near his lips!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunflower11 For This Useful Post:

Esperanza  (29-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jodi - if both phones have Facebook messenger installed you can use that to make phone calls. You do need to have data or wifi though to do it.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Esperanza For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (29-04-2014)