+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I use Absolute Domestics too.. $66 for 2 hours, $89 for 3 for a 3 br 1 bath single storey.. I think I need to shop around..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamscapezd View Post
    Hi, its not as bad as others but yeah you can get cheaper still. Go to the pvt ones that aren't part of any franchise business.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Yeah it's not bad but I agree, I think I can get better. I'm not entirely happy with the one I have, just small little things that she misses. I've mentioned it to the agency but agreed to give her more of a chance to settle in - have done this and still not entirely happy. I've had a look at gumtree and couldn't find much but found one on true local that I can phone today, will ring for a quote. They look good and have lots of likes on FB

Thanks
    Reviews
    For those of u with cleaners, do u do a mini clean before they come? Like picking clothes up off the floor etc? I know it sounds silly cleaning before a cleaner comes but id feel bad if the house was extremely messy...even though thats what im paying them for lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silverstarz View Post
    For those of u with cleaners, do u do a mini clean before they come? Like picking clothes up off the floor etc? I know it sounds silly cleaning before a cleaner comes but id feel bad if the house was extremely messy...even though thats what im paying them for lol

Yes we do. We try to clear the floors and surfaces of the house. It's awesome actually - it makes us clear the clutter once a week!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by teenie View Post
    Yes we do. We try to clear the floors and surfaces of the house. It's awesome actually - it makes us clear the clutter once a week!
    I think I would be doing the same!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by silverstarz View Post

I have a weekly cleaner who charges $25ph. She does all the standard stuff and changes the kids bedding (washing the other stuff) washes the towels etc, empties dishwasher, tidies the odd kitchen draw etc. Shes fab. My house sparkles. Worth every cent.

We do pick up on the night before she comes - I want her to clean - not tidy stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My cleaner cleans the toilet and I have never had to specifically ask. Would have thought that would just be part of a general clean?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurs View Post
    My cleaner cleans the toilet and I have never had to specifically ask. Would have thought that would just be part of a general clean?
    Same

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in Raby, and pay my wonderful cleaners 50 total for 2 hours I can give u their number?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamscapezd View Post
    I found her from gum tree but she cleans school and even brought a police certificate.

She didn't even clean the kitchen properly. I had to ask jer to wipe the stive again. She didn't vacuum under the sofa.

I feel awkward addressing these. I feel bad if I were to let her go as she has alot of children.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Geez I wouldn't be paying for this! We have a cleaner once a week for 2.5 hours. We have a 5 x 3 with 3 large living areas, our place doesn't get too bad as there are only 2 of us at the moment but our cleaner cleans everything! If there is any issues of items being missed I leave a note in the kitchen asking her to focus on certain areas that week. We have changed cleaners every couple of years which works out well as we find they usually get a bit slack after a while, when they first start we pay for 3 hours a week cleaning until they get use to our house and then cut back to 2.5 hours. I also tidy up the night before as I just want her to clean not pick up stuff, plus I would rather not have them going through my cupboards and draws etc. Goodluck but I think you should let her know what you want done and if she can't do it then get someone else, it's your hard earned money you are handing over so you should get what you want!