+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardiellen View Post
    Hi!
    I'm a first time expectant mumma and I'm currently living overseas. We have flights to come home booked (prior to pregnancy) but they are at my 35th wk of pregnancy. At this stage I'm not all that worried about flying at this time because so far everything is healthy ( I know it's early).
    I would love to know if there is anyone else on here that is abroad but planning on heading home to Aus to give birth? I'm trying to work out how i go about booking a birth centre and midwife and all that! Obviously I have my doctor over here, but will need one back home too for those last few weeks.
    Anyway, Congratulations to all the new mummas on here.
    M.xo
    Congrats!! Flying at 35 weeks might be a bit late, depending on how far away you are and how long the flight will be. Is your Medicare card still in date? Best bet would be to see a GP as soon as you get back and they would get a referral to the hospital.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    how long is the flight? i think singleton pregnancies that are low risk are fine to fly to 36 weeks. not sure if that is for domestic only though. i would check with my OB if they believe you’re ok to fly the distance. personally i would be hesitant to do a long haul flight but if you’re only in NZ or something it’s probably not much different to a domestic flight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardiellen View Post
    Hi!
    I'm a first time expectant mumma and I'm currently living overseas. We have flights to come home booked (prior to pregnancy) but they are at my 35th wk of pregnancy. At this stage I'm not all that worried about flying at this time because so far everything is healthy ( I know it's early).
    I would love to know if there is anyone else on here that is abroad but planning on heading home to Aus to give birth? I'm trying to work out how i go about booking a birth centre and midwife and all that! Obviously I have my doctor over here, but will need one back home too for those last few weeks.
    Anyway, Congratulations to all the new mummas on here.
    M.xo
    I would probably ask your dr to write a letter giving you clearance to fly closer to the time, just in case. Depending on the airline and length of flight, they (airline) may not let you fly otherwise. I’d also make sure your Medicare details are still current and maybe contact drs/hospitals in the area you plan on coming to (or get your current dr to do so on your behalf) to start the process, particularly if you want to go through a birth centre or midwife group practice as they tend to fill very fast and can be strict on acceptance criteria.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Everyone
    Sandra corral here
    I'm expecting a baby in December and i'm looking for all the information about pregnancy and stuff

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone, I am Sarah, I will soon become a mother, so I will be very glad to become part of your community.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey, hey, people! New member here! Hope to find interesting people here with which to have a good cup of conversation! Wish you all a good day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Welcome @RedSpirit!