+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't been an active member of a forum for a very long time so please by gentle with me. I used to be quite active on bubhub many years ago, however my marriage dissolved and I found it too painful and unnecessary to stay on here. It was around 2009 or 2010 I stopped posting, before then I had been TTC for a few years with no luck at all. I'd had every test possible at that time and so did my husband. Everything came back fine for me, and my husband had a few minor sperm issues, however has since gone on to conceive with his new partner.

Fast forward and i'm now 39 with a new partner of 2.5 years. I have been unable to conceive and now it's time I need to seek urgent fertility advice. The catch is that I live overseas in a country with less developed fertility services. What I'm really wondering, is have there been any advances in fertility treatment in the last 7 years (back then it was really just IUI or IVF) or are there any new tests available for women (I had the dye test, laparoscopy, hormone levels and ovulation ultrasound done) as I will be visiting Australia for a couple of weeks in July. I know Clomid is available here, is it still a popular less invasive treatment to try before moving onto more invasive procedures?

Sorry for the long introduction, it took a lot of guts and anxiety to post on here.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RoseAmara For This Useful Post:

Phia  (15-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Welcome to the BubHub!

@RoseAmara I'm sorry to hear about your struggles with fertility- sounds like you've had a rough journey.

The good news is that IVF has become better with options of icsi which is injecting sperm into egg, and HA which is sperm selection under micro scope

Tests include PGD which tests the quality of embryo to ensure only viable ones are put back.

New theories identify immune problems, whereby body kills foreign object - there are test to check for natural killer cells and other markers. There's a book on this school of thought and Dr Gamal Matthias is well known for treat such women. I am one of them. There's also a thread.

Here's a link to book:

https://www.amazon.com/Your-Body-Bab.../dp/0978507800

I conceived with clomid at 36 and have a 3.5 year old girl. But now I'm 41 and into my third year of trying and no luck with clomid it IVF and now I'm going egg donor in Greece.
    Last edited by Phia; 15-03-2017 at 04:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Here's the thread High Natural Killer Cells #9
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...d.php?t=556361

Wishing you all the best. Others may have more info than me.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Looking for sperm donor

I am a single 43 year old woman who has a beautiful 10 year old girl.. I am looking for a donor to expand our family.. open to discussions around having some involvement or happy for no involvement.. I am healthy and have great support from family and friends..self employed, work from home and I am financially independent.. look forward to hearing from anyone who might be interested in helpings

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Welcome leogirl

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all! I'm Joy, I am 43 y.o. self employed and I have a beautiful almost 3 yo DS that i had through egg donation and now considering on giving him a sibling (via egg donation).

Glad I found these forums and I can chat about my toddler issues but also my impending IVF!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joyang For This Useful Post:

babychoppy  (02-04-2017),Little Miss Sunshine  (01-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies!

I am new to the group Have been ttc for 5 months and finally got our BFP. I am currently 4w4d and did a blood test at 4w2d and levels were 480. Going tomorrow for another blood test to see if my levels have risen. Fingers Crossed!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to babychoppy For This Useful Post:

FarmMumma  (04-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Joy! Lovely to meet you

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi @babychoppy Lovely to meet you too!! keep us posted on your blood test results!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all. 1st time in a forum... currently on my 2nd round of ivf.