Oh Monnie. After all you have been through to be told this. I hope he proves them all wrong!
♥me & he = ds 17/9/13♥
+ Reply to Thread
Results 761 to 770 of 1274
22-03-2014 12:47 #761
22-03-2014 12:49 #762Member
- Join Date
- Oct 2012
Yes, you can always request a second opinion. ask the staff who else is on there doctors list. ask the doctors to give you a name of someone else. if you need it then do it.
22-03-2014 12:49 #763
That's so sad I wish they'd told you sooner x
22-03-2014 12:50 #764
Also, furthermore to my last post can you at all speak to the clinical nurse consultant re another neonatologists/paeds opinion?
So sorry you are faced with this. It's not fair they will make you wait a month, maybe they are hoping the MRI results will improve with time?
Has he had a CRP blood test at all?
22-03-2014 12:56 #765
Monnie that is awful. I really don't understand what the options are? So they will keep him alive for a month to determine how bad the damage is, and whoever decides it's little, moderate or a lot will also decide if they will continue to feed him? How is that their decision?
Honey, I can't imagine how any of this is making you feel right now, but gather up all your mummy strength and find out what all your options are.
Ask the questions you need answering and if you aren't getting any answers, go higher, and higher and higher.
No question is silly - ask everything you need answered. Do you have a smart phone? Put the memo/voice recorder on and keep a copy of every conversation. Even if it's just to replay to dh or listen to later to make further decisions. Perhaps you can take the recordings to another doctor??? I don't know. I don't know how that works if you are in public? I don't know what your options are getting him transferred. Just ask the questions. Is your hospital considered the best in the state for children. Maybe you can ask to be transferred to the children's hospital if they have a better special care nursery.
Consider recording with or without their knowledge. Perhaps they won't allow it if they know you are recording. Just do what ever you have to. This is your baby, not theirs. Remember that.
22-03-2014 13:03 #766Senior Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2013
Monnie please keep fighting and standing up for your little boy. Keep asking questions, don't accept confusing answers, insist on more treatment when u think it's necessary. Like a PP said there are times when the prognosis can be wrong. Dr's told my Mil that my Sil would be severely brain damaged and never walk or talk again and now she is a fully functioning 30 year old. Sometimes fate has other plans, hang in there and keep believing
Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app
22-03-2014 13:08 #767
You can most definitely get a second opinion and a third and fourth if you feel like you need them. YOU are your baby's advocate. Please trust your mummy instincts. I'm still hoping and praying that your beautiful boy makes a full recovery xx.
22-03-2014 13:41 #768
Monnie I'm sorry to hear your news. If I were you I would look that Dr in the eye and tell him/her you want another opinion. Hugo is your baby and you will decide on what is best for him xxxx
22-03-2014 13:57 #769
I am crushed for you and your family. I have no advice and not really sure what words to offer up that would even give you some comfort.
22-03-2014 14:01 #770
I'm so sorry to hear this I don't really understand what the options are, so can't offer any advice. Xx
Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app
KindyROOKindyROO offers activities for babies & toddlers in a fun learning centre, focussing on developmental education. ...
LATESTWhy it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?7 ways to break the ‘mumnotony’ at home
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Happiness thread.General Chat
Lite & Easy ???Second Trimester Chat
The Vampire Diaries LAST EPISODEMovies / Music / Books / TV Chat
Egg Donation in Greece #5Egg Donation
A - Z of baby girl namesGames & fun stuff
Placenta distance for natural birthThird Trimester Chat
Come chat, Ladies who are 40+ TTC or ExpectingConception & Fertility General Chat