+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 128 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1274
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks girls. I know its very hard not to compare. Im trying to go with the flow but gosh its hard. He can bloody stop pulling that dummy out though or spitting it while hubby drives! If I sit in the back dd wont nap lol.

Hes got some feeding issues jm trying to sort out so I'll ask on tues at our paed hes vomiting every feed but exorcism spews im pretty certain its reflux as ges been sleeping in the swing if he doesnt he screams and screams.

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It is hard not to compare but you do. My dd is delayed. .. And I try not to compare but I do. What I would say though is that hospital stays and medical intervention can also delay children. Lots of parents I talk to who have children who have been through surgeries and alike are often a bit behind and then catch up as they get stronger. I hope this will be the same for your little guy. He's so cute.
    With his feeding and vomits it's also possible he has some soreness and memory of tubes and things in his throat. I'm convinced babies do know remember this stuff. And reflux sucks on top on that. I hope you get some support and answers.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

exilius  (21-04-2014),monnie24  (21-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tamtam they don't remember per se but their brains remember how to effectively cause pain in similar situations. They did a study on boys being vaccinated and those that were circumcised in the first week or 2 of life showed a much greater pain response.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by exilius View Post
    Tamtam they don't remember per se but their brains remember how to effectively cause pain in similar situations. They did a study on boys being vaccinated and those that were circumcised in the first week or 2 of life showed a much greater pain response.

Off topics but that is very interesting, would you mind posting a link or PMing to me? So as not to derail this thread?

Monnie, Hugo sounds pretty normal, development wise. They all develop at their own pace anyway but rolling is surely a good sign! Definitely see about the reflux, medication may well be needed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by exilius View Post

Hmmm.. Not really the thread to discuss this but I 100% believe they do remember medical intervention and hospital stays. The artificial lighting/routine disruption/tubes and medicines.
    My dd definitely remembers the unpleasantness of having medicine shoved in her mouth while having a bottle, even at 4 weeks old. .. or having ng tubes inserted. Even just positioning them in the same way to feed as they do to have medicine can cause issues. Many parents I speak with also comment about their children struggling to overcome difficulties when hospitalized at young ages.

Anyway monnie... I hope he continues to do well at home and you can get some answers on the reflux.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My bubba is nearly 5 months and not rolling yet. Her sister was the same and is fine now. She started smiling about 14 weeks I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    Thanks girls. I know its very hard not to compare. Im trying to go with the flow but gosh its hard. He can bloody stop pulling that dummy out though or spitting it while hubby drives! If I sit in the back dd wont nap lol.

Hes got some feeding issues jm trying to sort out so I'll ask on tues at our paed hes vomiting every feed but exorcism spews im pretty certain its reflux as ges been sleeping in the swing if he doesnt he screams and screams.

Does sound like reflux darl. And the feeding issue if I can do it u can too my DS doesn't roll he is 13 weeks so good on Hugo!!! Such a clever boy x

Sent from my LG-D802T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have app Tues its at 5pm so thats difficult im bussing it first time with a double pram newborn and one year old. Talk about nervous lol.

I tried pigeon teats because of your recommendation tamtam but also my mw nurse said he could be vomiting due to too much air and squishing teat hope that makes sense. But now ive gone back to medela medium flow. Im so over bottles and formula.

We just dewormed too so now I think its safe to say we are treated for every possible disease!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Monnie Hugo is just lovely. What a clever little boy being able to roll!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    We have app Tues its at 5pm so thats difficult im bussing it first time with a double pram newborn and one year old. Talk about nervous lol.

I tried pigeon teats because of your recommendation tamtam but also my mw nurse said he could be vomiting due to too much air and squishing teat hope that makes sense. But now ive gone back to medela medium flow. Im so over bottles and formula.

We just dewormed too so now I think its safe to say we are treated for every possible disease!!!!!!!!!!!

My DS has ended up on the closer to nature bottles

Sent from my LG-D802T using The Bub Hub mobile app