+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ad's are different for everyone. I've never taken what you're on but for such a small dose the side effects sound scary!!
    I'm on zoloft 150mg if I miss a dose I get dizzy spells but that's it. I'm very vigilant with taking my meds because I'm a much better person with them than without. I'd maybe ask to try something else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I took another dose last night and I didn't sleep a wink. I was up with cramps and diarrhea. I was dizzy and about to pass out. I'm ok today though. Spaced out but not as tired as yesterday.
    I hate what these drugs are doing to my body as I am physically a clean bill of health. But if it is going to help my moods then I guess I'll keep it going.

i would hate to stay like this because it's the opposite to who I am. Im Always on the go, heaps of energy and find it boring/difficult to sit down and relax. Never had to sleep during the day.

samilia is offline Our family is almost complete <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Muffet View Post
    I have just been prescribed ad's. Took my first dose last night which was half a tablet before bed (took it at 9.30pm). Hubby said I was asleep within 10mins and in a heavy sleep as he couldn't move me, said I was a dead weight.
    I slept solid, did not hear kids wake at 6am. Hubby woke me at 7am but I don't remember. I got myself up at 8am. Disorientated, dizzy and nausious.
    I feel like a zombie. I sit and state all day. My reflexes are slow. My body wants toove but mind just wants to state into space.
    Wtf. These drugs are horrible!
    i have 2 young kids. I can't cope with this even for another day! The dr said symptoms will wear off after a free weeks on the drug. Wtf! I can't be like this with my kids.

any advice or experience with anti depressants would be appreciated. Thanks.
    I know exactly what your going through!!! I've been on 6-7 different AD! They are so horrible at the start, for several weeks or so... And your going to need people to help look after your kids and drive them to school because it's dangerous to drive in the early days. I've never had any single antidepressant work for me but you may be lucky. My personal experience was horrible. .. Then after 2 months of being I them I could no long achieve and orgasm, or if I did actually reach and orgasm there NO pleasure what so ever! Just the vagina muscles contacting (sorry tmi).. It happened on every AD ive ever tried. Now my sexual function is permanently different. My orgasm are week with little pleasure and after I'm left feeling unsatisfied sexually, it's actually quite distressful for me I hate AD! But I wish you all the best of luck!

Me 25 💑 DH 29
    👶🎀DD #1 -Born 30.11.08 💗
    👶🎀DD #2 -Born 28.03.11 💜
    👶❓LO #3 - Due 17.09.14 💛

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by Liddybugs; 27-04-2014 at 19:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by samilia View Post
    I know exactly what your going through!!! I've been on 6-7 different AD! They are so horrible at the start, for several weeks or so... And your going to need people to help look after your kids and drive them to school because it's dangerous to drive in the early days. I've never had any single antidepressant work for me but you may be lucky. My personal experience was horrible. .. Then after 2 months of being I them I could no long achieve and orgasm, or if I did actually reach and orgasm there NO pleasure what so ever! Just the vagina muscles contacting (sorry tmi).. It happened on every AD ive ever tried. Now my sexual function is permanently different. My orgasm are week with little pleasure and after I'm left feeling unsatisfied sexually, it's actually quite distressful for me I hate AD! But I wish you all the best of luck!

Me 25 ������ DH 29
    ������������DD #1 -Born 30.11.08 ������
    ������������DD #2 -Born 28.03.11 ������
    ������❓LO #3 - Due 17.09.14 ������
    i had no libido to begin with so no biggie for me. Dh is used to getting it once every few mths or so.
    My kids r not school age. I have no help other than dh who has to work to keep the roof over our heads. I will get through it I am used to doing it alone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have decided to come off the meds. I can't do it, I can't cope while having 2 young kids in my care all day every day. I can't drive, I can't leave the house. I am going batty. I miss being active. This is a joke.
    First day I couldn't stay awake, second day I was spewing and diarrhea and didn't sleep all night. What a joke.
    I don't want to waste anymore time putting these awful drugs Into my body.
    I dont know how others put up with the side effects for so long. But maybe it is all a little easier when help is at hand. Not the case for me so these meds are not for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Tbh I had no help I just had to get used to them while looking after the kids it's not easy but the side effect die off after a few weeks. Maybe try a different one with less side effects you may have been given one too strong for you.

Love DD and DS with all my heart and more x

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LiterallyNoOne For This Useful Post:

ozeymumof5  (14-03-2014)

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Please ring your doc asap and talk it through, some meds just do NOT suit certain people, and only by giving feedback and talking about it are you going to find the one which is right for your body and your brain.

I tell you, when you find the one that works, it is like the sun has finally come out again.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MilkingMaid For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Muffet  (14-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MilkingMaid View Post
    Please ring your doc asap and talk it through, some meds just do NOT suit certain people, and only by giving feedback and talking about it are you going to find the one which is right for your body and your brain.

I tell you, when you find the one that works, it is like the sun has finally come out again.

When put like this it makes me want to make the effort bit I can't do all the dr. Appts. It drives me and my kids insane. My dr witnessed how feral just one of my kids are for a 20min appt and gave me advice to have them both in daycare on the same day....on one income and a dh who thinks I only want them both in care so I "can spend all his money and sleep all day "....is easier said than done. Yep. It's bloody hard work. I'm finding it way to hard since being on these meds. I will call my dr. To make an appt to discuss these side effects and how not at al coping. I thought he prescribed me the lowest dosage ever. Wow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dr is aware of my alcohol addiction, yet still prescribed the ad's. (Is aware I am in alcohol abuse counselling) It is making me drink more - which makes it all so much more worse. For the first time in a long time, I thought about "stuff" .... Don't want to trigger anyone. It's just really hard right now and I can't see a way out!
    Last edited by Little Miss Muffet; 14-03-2014 at 18:38.