+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TortoiseNotTheHare View Post
    @Giota78 you just need one more post before you're allowed to private message.
    That explains not being able to! Have been trying quite hard to figure out how.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Giota78 I just sent you a private message so you can reply to it

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any current advice?

Hi,

I'm a 25 year old British woman living and working here in Sydney. Unfortunately, I have a genetic condition which may result in early menopause, and following a anti-mullerian test (or three!) back home in the UK at the end of last year, I have been given approximately two years to freeze my eggs.

Not in a situation where I could have children as of yet, and my boyfriend is younger than me so he certainly isn't.

I was in the middle of booking an appointment at FF when I stumbled across this thread. Now much more enthralled by Genea. Does anybody have experience with freezing as opposed to the full IVF treatment? In terms of cost, I was most drawn to FF and Monash IVF, but if Genea seems to yield better results, and eggs, then I think I would rather pay the extra, as this might be my only chance.

I'm very new to all of this, so anything that you ladies might have to help me would be gratefully received.

Thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would definitely consider any other clinic. FF use an older form of freezing which can impact quality and thawing success. Please call around and ask about what freezing methods are used. Vitrification is a fast freezing method which is said to be much better than slow freeze.

I would definitely do some reading and research before proceeding. Good luck with it all hun x