+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,546
    Thanks
    521
    Thanked
    451
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    There would be no way in hell I would give up your first Christmas as family. Not for my family or his.

    I think offer a week after. (not before as people can try and con him into staying) is more than reasonable.

    I would want them to know it was my decision not to go. They need to know now before Bub is born that you are not a push over.
    Completely agree!

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    277
    Thanks
    395
    Thanked
    149
    Reviews
    0
    DH's family are very generous and it's an international holiday on a cruise, so it's set times and not possible to only go for a couple of days.

    DH is a really great guy but I think he is hurt that I'm not excited about what his family has offered. His comment about taking bub and I didn't have to go, was just to get a reaction out of me, which worked!! He knows it's not even a possibility and I also agree he has no clue (neither do I) what it's like to have a young baby on holiday or away from me especially as I plan to breast feed!

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    277
    Thanks
    395
    Thanked
    149
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    There would be no way in hell I would give up your first Christmas as family. Not for my family or his.

    I think offer a week after. (not before as people can try and con him into staying) is more than reasonable.

    I would want them to know it was my decision not to go. They need to know now before Bub is born that you are not a push over.
    I agree! It is so important to me that I establish what I want for my family and let extended family and in particular my MIL know that I will be a strong Mother and a Wife and will only do what is best for us and not what everyone else wants! Just feels like DH and I aren't on the same page with this one :-/

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    22,431
    Thanks
    15,758
    Thanked
    12,072
    Reviews
    14
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetcheeks1 View Post
    DH's family are very generous and it's an international holiday on a cruise, so it's set times and not possible to only go for a couple of days.

    DH is a really great guy but I think he is hurt that I'm not excited about what his family has offered. His comment about taking bub and I didn't have to go, was just to get a reaction out of me, which worked!! He knows it's not even a possibility and I also agree he has no clue (neither do I) what it's like to have a young baby on holiday or away from me especially as I plan to breast feed!
    Baby on a boat. :what: no way in hell. It sounds like my worse nightmare.

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

    Cue  (04-03-2014),GrabbyCrabby  (07-03-2014),jesssalee  (03-03-2014)

  6. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,493
    Thanks
    1,027
    Thanked
    2,115
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Stand your ground, just say that you want to spend your first Christmas with bub at home!

  7. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,221
    Thanks
    894
    Thanked
    3,219
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetcheeks1 View Post
    DH's family are very generous and it's an international holiday on a cruise, so it's set times and not possible to only go for a couple of days.
    Eek, there's no way I'd take a 6 month old baby on a 2 week cruise.

  8. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,678
    Thanks
    788
    Thanked
    1,847
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetcheeks1 View Post
    DH's family are very generous and it's an international holiday on a cruise, so it's set times and not possible to only go for a couple of days.

    DH is a really great guy but I think he is hurt that I'm not excited about what his family has offered. His comment about taking bub and I didn't have to go, was just to get a reaction out of me, which worked!! He knows it's not even a possibility and I also agree he has no clue (neither do I) what it's like to have a young baby on holiday or away from me especially as I plan to breast feed!

    I don't see that offer as generous. I see it as controlling and inconsiderate! !hey have not considered you or the fact you will be a new mum...or that they are totally excluding your family.

    I would say in return that if they plan a more suitable holiday you would go for 5 nights....but expecting you to take a 6 month old on a cruise is just rude imo

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to River Song For This Useful Post:

    LoveLivesHere  (03-03-2014)

  10. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,748
    Thanks
    509
    Thanked
    1,728
    Reviews
    13
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by River Song View Post
    I don't see that offer as generous. I see it as controlling and inconsiderate! !hey have not considered you or the fact you will be a new mum...or that they are totally excluding your family.

    I would say in return that if they plan a more suitable holiday you would go for 5 nights....but expecting you to take a 6 month old on a cruise is just rude imo
    I totally agree! Honestly, a 6 month old on a cruise sounds like my idea of hell.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaOJ For This Useful Post:

    GrabbyCrabby  (07-03-2014)

  12. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,869
    Thanks
    879
    Thanked
    1,202
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm feeling anger for you! I understand that your dh was only after a reaction but to say he would take a 6mo away from the mum for 2 weeks would have me smacking him with a frypan. Not acceptable. As for a 2 week cruise with a 6mo over Christmas? Maybe the grandparents haven't though it through from your or bubs perspective. A holiday house for a week where you get your own space and you can do your own thing would be ok but a 2 week cruise is just silly

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to BbBbBh For This Useful Post:

    Sweetcheeks1  (04-03-2014)

  14. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    5,081
    Thanks
    1,785
    Thanked
    3,203
    Reviews
    11
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    Baby on a boat. :what: no way in hell. It sounds like my worse nightmare.
    So agree - my bub is now 11mo and was a very easy baby. Still I would have never taken him on a 2 weeks holiday cruise. no way!


 

Similar Threads

  1. Unreasonable?
    By SAgirl in forum General Chat
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 08-12-2013, 01:55
  2. am I being unreasonable?
    By JAUSMROS in forum General Chat
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 06-12-2013, 11:44
  3. who is being unreasonable here?
    By GlitterFarts in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 26-11-2013, 20:24

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
L'il Aussie Prems FoundationAn Australian charity supporting families of premature babies & children. The charity assists families who are at high ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›