+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    There would be no way in hell I would give up your first Christmas as family. Not for my family or his.

I think offer a week after. (not before as people can try and con him into staying) is more than reasonable.

I would want them to know it was my decision not to go. They need to know now before Bub is born that you are not a push over.
    Completely agree!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH's family are very generous and it's an international holiday on a cruise, so it's set times and not possible to only go for a couple of days.

DH is a really great guy but I think he is hurt that I'm not excited about what his family has offered. His comment about taking bub and I didn't have to go, was just to get a reaction out of me, which worked!! He knows it's not even a possibility and I also agree he has no clue (neither do I) what it's like to have a young baby on holiday or away from me especially as I plan to breast feed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    There would be no way in hell I would give up your first Christmas as family. Not for my family or his.

I think offer a week after. (not before as people can try and con him into staying) is more than reasonable.

I would want them to know it was my decision not to go. They need to know now before Bub is born that you are not a push over.
    I agree! It is so important to me that I establish what I want for my family and let extended family and in particular my MIL know that I will be a strong Mother and a Wife and will only do what is best for us and not what everyone else wants! Just feels like DH and I aren't on the same page with this one :-/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetcheeks1 View Post
    DH's family are very generous and it's an international holiday on a cruise, so it's set times and not possible to only go for a couple of days.

DH is a really great guy but I think he is hurt that I'm not excited about what his family has offered. His comment about taking bub and I didn't have to go, was just to get a reaction out of me, which worked!! He knows it's not even a possibility and I also agree he has no clue (neither do I) what it's like to have a young baby on holiday or away from me especially as I plan to breast feed!
    Baby on a boat. :what: no way in hell. It sounds like my worse nightmare.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Cue  (04-03-2014),GrabbyCrabby  (07-03-2014),jesssalee  (03-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stand your ground, just say that you want to spend your first Christmas with bub at home!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eek, there's no way I'd take a 6 month old baby on a 2 week cruise.

Thanks
    Reviews

I don't see that offer as generous. I see it as controlling and inconsiderate! !hey have not considered you or the fact you will be a new mum...or that they are totally excluding your family.

I would say in return that if they plan a more suitable holiday you would go for 5 nights....but expecting you to take a 6 month old on a cruise is just rude imo

9. The Following User Says Thank You to River Song For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (03-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by River Song View Post
    I don't see that offer as generous. I see it as controlling and inconsiderate! !hey have not considered you or the fact you will be a new mum...or that they are totally excluding your family.

I would say in return that if they plan a more suitable holiday you would go for 5 nights....but expecting you to take a 6 month old on a cruise is just rude imo
    I totally agree! Honestly, a 6 month old on a cruise sounds like my idea of hell.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaOJ For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (07-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm feeling anger for you! I understand that your dh was only after a reaction but to say he would take a 6mo away from the mum for 2 weeks would have me smacking him with a frypan. Not acceptable. As for a 2 week cruise with a 6mo over Christmas? Maybe the grandparents haven't though it through from your or bubs perspective. A holiday house for a week where you get your own space and you can do your own thing would be ok but a 2 week cruise is just silly

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BbBbBh For This Useful Post:

Sweetcheeks1  (04-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Baby on a boat. :what: no way in hell. It sounds like my worse nightmare.
    So agree - my bub is now 11mo and was a very easy baby. Still I would have never taken him on a 2 weeks holiday cruise. no way!