Currently 40+6 and am feeling physically and emotionally drained. I'm torn between my desire to experience a vaginal delivery and wanting this pregnancy to just be over already!
I am wanting to attempt a vbac but i just don't know how much longer i can wait for labour. My hospital will not induce a vbac unless i am already dilated. In this case they would break my waters but even then baby must be low. Currently she is still quite high. Another issue is that we only have someone available to watch ds until the 2nd of March.
This has been on my mind constantly for the past few days. I seriously didn't think i would get this far. I have been experiencing pre labour since 38 weeks, I have had a few nights of regular mild contractions which fizzled out after a few hours and I've been having acupuncture weekly since 35 weeks.
I have an appointment with my ob tomorrow who will want me to book a c-section date. One part of me wants to book it asap but then the other part of me wants to continue to wait. I just don't know what to do
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 41
24-02-2014 15:25 #1
How long would you wait??
24-02-2014 15:31 #2
If you really want to VBAC I would give it a few more days - at least til 40 +10 (only if all is well - is your hospital giving you a scan to make sure placenta and fluid level is fine?)
You can still book in a c-section date for 40+10 or +11 to have that peace of mind that the end is nigh!
At our hospital they let me go til 40+11 when I went naturally but I was booked in for a balloon catheter induction the next day which is meant to manually open your cervix.
Hope you go naturally soon so you don't have to worry about this.
24-02-2014 16:04 #3
Haveyou tried chiro to help bub engage?
Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app
24-02-2014 16:09 #4Senior Member
- Join Date
- Feb 2012
- Brisbane North
I was the same op, I had previously gone into labour at 35 & 37 weeks with my other two and then with this one I went at 41 weeks, I was so desperate, and pre labour was horrid but I just kept waiting. im glad I did and I had a vba2c.
24-02-2014 16:22 #5
I was exactly the same.. I ended up having a c section with DD because it was just too much.. I had her at 38wks and she was 9 pound 8 so I was kind of glad she didn't cook any longer lol
But do what you feel is right for you I had a gut feeling I wouldn't be able to do the vbac and my ob was glad I had the c section due to her size
24-02-2014 16:31 #6
OMG I could have written this post 3 months ago. I was 10 days overdue, attempting a VBAC, tried everything under the sun to get bubba moving but nothing worked. My mum had taken leave to take care of DS while I was in hospital but it was Wednesday and she was due to go back to work on Monday and still no baby!!! They weren't going to induce because of VBAC, so I got my obst to schedule my csection for the next day - I desperately wanted a natural birth but in the end it came down to me getting worried the later baby was, obst not wanting to let me wait any longer, and not having structured at home care for DS while I was in hospital. I'm happy with my decision, have a beautiful little girl
24-02-2014 16:36 #7
It is such a hard answer as everyone obviously speaks from their own perspective and experience, and what one may deem as right for them, may be totally wrong for another.
As for me, none of my Vbac babies went over my EDD, and the Doctors told me that they would start to consider a Caesar at 10 days over. I always maintined that if I was overdue, I would not consider a Caesar on that fact alone, it would have to have been 14 days or more over and an ultrasound then to check my fluid levels, presence of meconium or any other issue that could have arisen from an over-cooked bub.
So I guess for me, 14 days plus I would have been having a serious think. I would never have entertained (baby healthy etc) anything before then.
OP, as an aside, I have known a couple of ladies who tried the 'Websters technique' performed by a Chiro and had great success with getting bub's head down and turned etc, if you want to explore that avenue.
for the rest of your pregnancy, I hope all goes well whichever way you deliver.
24-02-2014 20:54 #8
I *think* I want to wait until 42wks at least. It's the pressure from everyone else that has me questioning myself.
I feel that by booking a date and giving up my vbac makes me a failure. I've got children but I may never experience childbirth the way nature intended. I also worry though that I may go into labour but have it all still end in a c-section. I think ultimately what I'm saying is I'm terrified of this pregnancy ending in a caesar! I had (and still do to a degree) so much hate for my body that took me so long to deal with after ds. I just don't know if I can't deal with that again
I thought it might be too late for a chiro?
Sorry if all my posts make very little sense to you. My mind is mush. I find myself struggling to form sentences sometimes!
24-02-2014 21:00 #9
Can I ask why you had a csection for your first? That would influence my decision.
24-02-2014 21:12 #10
By nightchild80 in forum IVFReplies: 5Last Post: 23-08-2013, 09:06
By LJMsMum in forum Pregnancy Loss SupportReplies: 4Last Post: 26-06-2013, 07:27
By Dreamy4 in forum Conception issues & ttcReplies: 10Last Post: 23-06-2013, 19:44
The Fix Program Sydney CBD and BroadwayPregnancy and women's health physio, pregnancy and new mum Pilates classes taught by our physios for you and bub. ...
LATESTWhy it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?7 ways to break the ‘mumnotony’ at home
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Husband VentFamily & Friends
Loan for a businessFamily Finances
Donald Trump / American Politics (renamed)General Chat
IVF babies due June/July/August 2017pregnancy and babies through IVF
IVF babies due Sep/Oct/Nov 2017pregnancy and babies through IVF
Love to dream-Swaddle Up bagsGeneral Sleeping & Settling Chat
Trying from monthsNon-IVF fertility assistance
The Not So Serious Vent Thread #7General Chat