+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Silver Cross Wayfarer

Hi all

I'm just looking for peoples thoughts on the Silver Cross Wayfarer.

I initially tried the Bugaboo but found it fairly cheap looking and feel compared to the Silver Cross.

Would love to hear anyone's thoughts on the Silver Cross only please.

Thanks heaps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I won a wayfarer! It's a beautiful looking pram, I get lots of comments. I got the purple one. Its easy to fold down. I love baby facing me and its not a big bulky stroller.

The only thing I don't like is how it travels on footpaths. I do a lot of walking and I'm used to a mountain buggy so its a bit of a let down, but its not a jogger pram so maybe thats to be expected. It's good for shopping centres, but I struggle to get it up and down gutters and find it difficult to push one handed. I'm thinking of checking out the uppababy alta. It looks similar with better wheels and a great suncover. I haven't tested it yet though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much Jenko, really appreciate it.

One question for you if you don't mind, I saw a bit of feedback how the height not adjusting, have you found that to be an issue?

Thank you again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you mean the handlebar height? That adjusts very easily and clicks into position fine and is a great feature. No problems with it. You can push it all the way down when folding it up for the car.

Happy to answer any other questions. There aren't many around yet...I also read any review I could find on it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much.

Sorry I meant the hood in the seat, is that adjustable. I could imagine you would have to have a pretty tall child for it to be a problem? That was one thing I saw in one review. I think that will certainly be my last question as I went and looked at it again yesterday and think I have my heart set on it but can't make an emotional purchase....yet.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD3 is only 5 months so I can't tell yet. It seems ok. There seem to be mixed opinions on the seat height.

I went and had a look at a few other prams I have my eye on and compared the steering. The wayfarer is a real let down in that area. Getting stuck up and gutters and being unable to steer one handed a big negatives for me. Bummer as it so pretty compared to other prams. I really love the look of it. I don't mean to turn you off, but make sure you have a good play with in store...especially with one of those fake weight babies they use to test drive them.

Let me know what you decide 😀

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and no, the hood isn't adjustable and has no peekaboo window either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just got the wayfarer and absolutely love it. It's so easy to handle, steer, fits in the car nicely, looks gorgeous, massive shopping basket the list goes on and on and on. Def one of my best baby buys!