ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sciatica and burstitus

Hello everyone. I'm almost 15 weeks and from about 10 weeks I've had sciatica in my bum cheeks. I'm now getting burstitus in my hips and pelvis which makes it very hard to sleep on my sides. Just wondering if anyone else suffers from this and found anything that helps. I've just started acupuncture so hoping things improve. It's so uncomfortable. Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sleep on your side with a pillow between your knees. You can try a support belt or shorts. Also see a physio for exercises that can help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've suffered bursitis in my shoulders for years, only thing I find helps is an ultrasound guided cortisone injection and strong anti inflammatories, I'm on the equivalent of 150mg voltaren/day (15mg Mobic, and some days require 2 tablets for reduce the inflammation)
    as well as 2 panadol osteos 3x a day.
    I know suffer bulging disks in my spine and it's been discovered my hip dysplasia was never corrected at birth so also on 40mg targin/day (new oxicodene) and this combo together gives me some relief, I still spend at least 1-2 days/week in bed though dosed up on endones.
    I did find Physio helped as well as acupuncture once I'd had the injection.
    Have you had it confirmed via ultrasound that it is in fact bursitis?
    Not sure if any of this is any help though as I only have a 10 year old daughter so never taken the meds during pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Tara.
    Sounds like you might have spd. I have had the same since early pregnancy and it's awful. Some days it was so bad i could barely walk. Heat packs help me alot, be careful not to put it on your tummy though. I don't like to take analgesia but have taken the occasional paracetamol.

Physio has helped me the most. He taped me up for 3 days and gave me exercises and stretching to do and my pain improved significantly and i have stopped waddling. I have been doing some walking in a pool for gentle exercise. I still get a slight ache but nothing compared to what I had. It was so bad I thought I was going to have to finish up at work at only 24 weeks (I am on my feet 8 hrs a day).

It is important you get some advice and help for it as it's only going to get worse as you get bigger.

I hope your feeling better soon.

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app