+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a hematoma with my dd2. It's incredibly scary. I won't go into detail but all you can do is hope for the best and get as much rest as possible. Thankfully my dd2 was a strong little person and never let it bother her. I have read more positive stories than negative with hematomas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nicole83 View Post
    I had a hematoma with my dd2. It's incredibly scary. I won't go into detail but all you can do is hope for the best and get as much rest as possible. Thankfully my dd2 was a strong little person and never let it bother her. I have read more positive stories than negative with hematomas.
    Me too, especially when detected early so mum can take care of herself

samilia is offline Our family is almost complete <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    *hugs* OP. I have massive anxiety and have been where you are. No medication must be making it really hard for you
    Do you have a good psychologist? Could you maybe speak to them about some coping strategies to use in place of medication?

One thing to remember is, you've seen a healthy heartbeat which means the chances of a MC now have dropped significantly, so try and think about that when you start to worry. Also, deep breathing is so good! I know it sounds cliche but it really help brings me back to calm when I'm on the brink of an attack.

Hang in there, it's tough I know! Hopefully you have a good support network who can work through this with you x
    Thankyou for your understanding my craziness. I get the feeling I annoy people with my worries, so thank you for your support. Yes, I see a shrink.. But really, nothing can fix me like meds do. I'm just hoping this next 3 weeks go fast. I think I'll feel better after my 12 week nucal scan.

Me 25 πŸ’‘ DH 29
    πŸ‘ΆπŸŽ€DD #1- 30.11.08 πŸ’—
    πŸ‘ΆπŸŽ€DD #2 28.03.11 πŸ’œ

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by diamondbub View Post
    Samilia I completely understand how you feel. It's really hard to sit back and let life take control especially if you are prone to anxiety. As I have had a previous stillborn baby I also find it impossible not to stress. Every cramp, every niggle, every symptom or even no symptoms make me think doom is around the corner! I have had one scan and everything was fine and I'm having another next week also purely to put my mind at ease. You will feel better once you get to 12wks, whilst bad things can happen at anytime, it's easier to relax once your percentage chance of miscarriage is lowered.
    Firstly, so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine. Everything you said is right. It is so hard to sit back and let life take control. And people telling you not to stress doesn't help at all because if I could stop my worrying, I would do it in a heart beat! I hate anxiety! I hate how I cant control it! Because I have a subchorionic hematoma, that increases my chance of miscarriage by a staggering 9%!! It's a like a cloud hanging over my pregnancy. Because at any time the clot can rip the placenta off my uterus and my healthy baby will have no choice but to die because if it.. How am I suppose to not worry about it ... I can't help but! Thanks for your reply

Me 25 πŸ’‘ DH 29

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdgirl View Post
    I feel you.
    I am pregnant after a missed miscarriage, which was the first miscarriage I had had after 5 healthy children.
    I've seen the heartbeat and have been so sick but I still get so nervous about my next scan which is the 12 week one tomorrow.
    I've had anxiety as a child and in my early 20s when my ex husband cheated on me.
    I feel like with this pregnancy everything I haven't felt for years is coming back on me.
    What we have to remember that nothing in life is a guarantee. And just enjoy what we have and know that we will get through what we have to.

Statistics to me are cold comfort, you don't know when you will be that one in four or if you ever will.
    From one freaking out mum to another, we just have to let it go.
    Hope you feel better soon x
    Thanks for your reply and understanding, and I'm sorry for your loss. Good luck with your scan tomorrow I hope everything goes fine for you. X

Me 25 πŸ’‘ DH 29

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdgirl View Post
    I had a hematoma with my third, it's important they keep an eye on it. I've had two ultrasounds for peace of mind this pregnancy! No other reason.
    I hope they find it's shrinking at your next ultrasound, that is quite scary.

When you're prone to worry it's pretty hard not to 😐
    Try to keep busy? I just try not think of things. Which sucks because it makes me feel detached.
    Thank you, yes. I'm hoping it goes away by my 12 week scan! I too try not to think about it all, but I seem to come back to it.

Me 25 πŸ’‘ DH 29

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by samilia View Post
    Thanks for your reply and understanding, and I'm sorry for your loss. Good luck with your scan tomorrow I hope everything goes fine for you. X

Me 25 πŸ’‘ DH 29
    Thanks hun 😊
    Trying to just breathe and hoping it will be a happy experience this time.

You take care of yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nicole83 View Post
    Yeah i think most sub hematomas clear up without harm, but it's still a scary cloud hanging over your pregnancy hey? Just the thought of 9% mc increase and the fact you just don't know which way it's going to go.

LADIES of you that had hematomas, when did they clear up? Like what week? Thankyou

Me 25 πŸ’‘ DH 29

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have huge anxiety over scans as well but mine is validated in a way as I have had 2 missed mc (healthy hb seen with both then nothing the next scan, still had symptoms & ms for weeks until the next scan where the losses were discovered)

I have no advice on reducing the worry as if I knew how to stop it, I would for myself as well. Just so you know you aren't alone in how you feel

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by samilia View Post
    Thankyou for your understanding my craziness. I get the feeling I annoy people with my worries, so thank you for your support. Yes, I see a shrink.. But really, nothing can fix me like meds do. I'm just hoping this next 3 weeks go fast. I think I'll feel better after my 12 week nucal scan.

Me 25 πŸ’‘ DH 29
    Have they looked at other meds? I have a GF with bipolar and when pregnant they were able to switch her meds to a pregnancy safe option. I'm not much help as my full blown anxiety came into play after I had my baby.

To the posters saying not to worry and using terms such as "worry wart"... Easier said than done if you've never suffered from anxiety. Please, show a little compassion!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

BeeSam  (13-02-2014),Bluebirdgirl  (13-02-2014),michellek  (13-02-2014)