+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Cantwaittobemum I think the bras are fine, its just that I changed size again. Im doing ok with the non-wired ones,surprisingly, its just the cost.

Im used to spending $70 plus on bras before I got pregnant but I wasnt buying them as often then so the cost was less of an issue.

I'll try Zodee

I am reluctant to buy online though cause I never seem to have much luck fitting my own bras properly & I really dont want the hassle of having to go to find the time to go to the post office (working full time & dont drive) to return them.

I guess ill try & make do with the ones I have for the time being, theyre getting a bit uncomfortable as ive changed size again but ill just have to put up with it.

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cantwaittobemum I think the bras are fine, its just that I changed size again. Im doing ok with the non-wired ones,surprisingly, its just the cost.

Im used to spending $70 plus on bras before I got pregnant but I wasnt buying them as often then so the cost was less of an issue.

I just looked on zodee & the prices are still $65 plus for stuff in my size or anything that looks remotely supportive. Plus I then have the hassle of returning stuff that doesnt fit, so id rather just buy in a store.

I guess ill try & make do with the ones I have for the time being, theyre getting a bit uncomfortable as ive changed size again but ill just have to put up with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Unfortunately I haven't been able to find anything under that $70ish mark either. Most of my bras are stretchy lace which have still been comfortable the whole pregnancy. I only just got maternity bras at 35 weeks, which have enough growing room for when my milk comes in.

I have some Hot Milk bras, but also have some Panache bras which are very generous in size.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just resent the fact that all my friends could just walk into kmart or similar & buy a maternity bra or nursing singlet for around $30. People keep recommending them to me & gushing about how comfortable & good value they are & it just makes me feel like something is wrong with me.

I guess ill just put up with what ive got & hope I can get through till my milk comes in & then ill have to buy some I suppose.

I just looked on my favourite shop's website & they only have two (both the same style) for $65 (which is still expensive). If that style doesnt suit me, the others they have are $85!!! This is getting worse & worse!

I just get really sad that I have to wear bras that are uncomfortable/dont fit properly/a style that doesnt work for me just cause I cant afford some obscene price. Thats what caused my chronic neck issues to begin with & it makes me angry that I have no choice but to make it worse.

Also, how the hell does a 12FF bra use more material than a 16DDD bra? Dont think it does. So then why do all the shops have 16DDD for $40 & the ones in my size are $85?? Talk about discrimination!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I understand your frustration!!! I ended up in a 12H during my preg and same issue that you cant buy that size anywhere for.under $80. As frustrating as it is keep saving as it will be worth it post bub if you are BF for a while. Big W has good feeding singlets that still have partial coverage when you flick the panel down. I still wear a bra under them as the girls are too big without!

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dancing butterfly, how did you find feeding singlets that fitted you at big w? I usually find I have to buy like an XL or something just so it fits my breasts, but then it's like a tent everywhere else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Dancing butterfly, how did you find feeding singlets that fitted you at big w? I usually find I have to buy like an XL or something just so it fits my breasts, but then it's like a tent everywhere else.
    Hope I am allowed to post this, but check out this link for DIY feeding singlets. Super cheap and really easy! I am on a singlet hunt today to make a bunch for myself.

http://www.mamasaywhat.com/diy-nursing-tanks/

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CakeyMumma For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (01-07-2014),heartstringz  (21-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Cakey those look great & heaps easy to make! I was actually looking into the possibility of adjusting some cheap bras or singlets so this is just what I was looking for! Now at least I don't have to buy heaps of really expensive nursing tops!

Btw Cakey, try SES for cheap singlets, I often buy them there for around $5
    Last edited by heartstringz; 21-03-2014 at 09:50.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to heartstringz For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (21-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbie View Post
    I am pregnant and I just got the best, most comfortable bras! They look like those 'ahh bras' but I got them from kmart. A two pack is only $12. I got like 6! They do have thicker straps so can't wear them with singlets that's all. I find them very supportive, they have a padded cup so don't show any nipple and they are so super comfortable I can even sleep in them. They give a nice supportive shape too! No underwire either. I got a 12-14 size and I'd be about a 14DD-E at the moment (I'm a 12D-DD when not pregnant). You want to get them small enough so they are still supportive if you know what I mean.
    I also bought these and they rock! Shame I only found them so late in my pregnancy at 36 weeks. I suffered through wearing my good old underwire bras when I really needed to have a bra on or wearing the very comfortable but not supportive at all - target maternity crop tops. I'm not knocking the Target ones as they are great at night etc but the kmart ones are so good I would consider occasionally wearing them after pregnancy too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fab idea Cakey - thankyou for sharing!!

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (21-03-2014)