+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Tummy sleeper @ 10 weeks??? Please help!!!

Hi everyone. The past 2 or so weeks my dd is refusing to sleep on her back. I will put her down on her back and she will cream until I pick her up and as soon as I out her in her tummy she is asleep within seconds and will sleep for 10 hours straight (soooooo blessed).

She is able to lift and turn her head and is even rolling from tummy to back, but the midwives are making me feel bad. Is it ok to leave her on her tummy? Really not sure.

There is nothing in her cot except the air wrap things to stop her getting caught in the sides
    Last edited by Wally90; 07-02-2014 at 23:43.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If she has the head/neck control to be able to move her head around and it really distresses her that much to be put down on get back then I would keep putting her on her Tunmy.

You obviously know the SIDS risk ( as do most of us) only you can know your own bub and what she'll adapt to given enough reinforcement.

Me? I'm all for happy, well adjusted and behaved kids = happy mum :-)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

Wally90  (07-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ive had 3 tummy sleepers that would scream on their back first a 4 week old then a 7 week old and now a 3 week old I hate it but what can you do?! All of my children have had good head and neck control from birth still it scares me but sleep deprivation in parents as my paed told me is extremely dangerous when its bad and we need to do what ever works best for us....

Quote Originally Posted by Wally90 View Post
    Hi everyone. The past 2 or so weeks my dd is refusing to sleep on her back. I will put her down on her back and she will cream until I pick her up and as soon as I out her in her tummy she is asleep within seconds and will sleep for 10 hours straight (soooooo blessed).

She is able to lift and turn her head and is even rolling from tummy to back, but the midwives are making me feel bad. Is it ok to leave her on her tummy? Really not sure.

There is nothing in her cot except the air wrap things to stop her getting caught in the sides

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I kept my tummy sleeper next to me for months. Tbh both my kids are tummy sleepers and I only got the guts up to let my second do it.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. I learnt pretty early on that parenting is pretty much whatever works for you, but it's hard with something like this. Feel much better about it after reading your responses.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Wally90 For This Useful Post:

LiterallyNoOne  (14-02-2014)