Closed Thread
Page 2 of 103 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi booboo, we cycled together back in october. I really hope this is 3rd time lucky for you (and me). Have you done anything different for this upcoming cycle? A lot of the girls talk about dhea and other supps but other than melatonin I havent done anything else.. my embryos dont like to keep growing either :-(

Kelly, like the girls have said. The injections arent so bad. The first one is the worst I found because of all that it represents mostly. But im a needlephobe and I kinda like the injections now cause it means im "doing something" its the waiting that I find hardest. But taking each day as it comes is all you can do.. and fill your time with hobbies and other distraction!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks so much for your response Arlais, I think that's a really beautiful suggestion, to keep visualising a precious baby in arms to help get through the rough patches. And massive congrats on your new baby girl, you must be so excited!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (02-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    BooBoo78 - thanks, it's reassuring to hear that the injections aren't quite as bad as one might think.. I'm pretty good with injections so I think I will just be happy I am having a go I also hear that in older women, the impact of the injections on your body can be less that in younger women as we have less hormones in our bodies as we get older. Not sure if that is the case, but I'm sure I will find out.
    Big hugs to you and best of luck for April - pretty sure we may coincide with our cycles so I'd love to keep in touch.

Mrs Pontipine, I can't tell you how much heart your message has given me! And it looks like it was on your first ivf cycle too. I can only hope and dream of being that lucky. I am going to try and fit in 3 cycles before I turn 44 in October. So hoping one of them sticks.

Megsarama26, I'm already feeling the love within this community! It's made me feel SO much better already just having this contact. I'd LOVE to cycle with you! I'm waiting to see when I can start, my dependency will be the waiting list I have to go on for sperm donor, not sure how long I will have to wait at this point. But I am thinking it might be April at this stage. Did you switch to Monash from Melbourne? I am with Melb at the moment but some of the over 40s crew have recommended a couple of FS from Monash that are expert in dealing with older women. So now I am in two minds if I should just go ahead at Melb or switch.

Also so encouraging that you are seeing plenty of single women going through this as well, and doing it well - I loved hearing that. Thank you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kelly - I am in the same position as you, single and going it alone. I did 4 full cycles all up and I'm happy to say I just got a positive. I'm 43.5 and being cautiously optimistic. I wish you well with your upcoming cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Helsbaby, congratulations!! Great to see another BFP in the 40+ team

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Megs, I am on dhea, melatonin and Coq10. Dh may be having a TESA this round also to try and get better quality sperm. Have u managed to get any embies to day 5 or did they freeze them at day 3? I'm praying this next one goes better, it's so hard. Wishing u the best of luck too xo
    Congrats helsbaby hope u have a h & h 9 mths

Thanks
    Reviews
    Helsbaby, it's incredible hearing from someone in an identical position to me, and the same age. I'm so encouraged hearing your news, congratulations. Understand your caution, completely. Seems like so many hurdles to get past at this age, but you are almost there. I'd love to follow your progress. Can I ask who you were with for your IVF? And also, was there anything special you did this cycle round do you think, that made it work? Are you taking any supplements?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kelly - I am with IVFA in Sydney and they have been good. I didn't really take many supplements, only elevit and co q10. I didn't do any accupuncture. I did 4 icsi cycles all up. I truely believe it just takes one healthy egg and at our age it takes much longer to find them but they do exist it seems.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Helsbaby, I'm on q10 as well. 4 cycles - you are so lucky and must be overjoyed. I was thinking 3 cycles, it's pretty expensive but I guess I'll see how I respond first.

How did all the cycles go, were you getting many eggs/embryos from the start? What were your amh and fsh levels like do you know? Sorry I hope you don't mind me asking questions, it's just so awesome to hear from someone so similar.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kelly, welcome to the roller coaster!

It's great news that your body has already shown it knows how this pregnancy business gets started, fingers crossed IVF will help you get over the line

I will be cycling in April, although I'll be going to Greece for donor eggs so I already know that I will receive an embryo transfer between 10 and 18 April. Last time donor eggs worked first try, but I had a miscarriage over xmas/new year. Here's hoping this next one is a keeper

If you're not decided between Melb and Monash (when I have cycles in Australia I was with Monash and I found Dr Nick Lolatgis to be really decisive, progressive and pragmatic), I would arrange for an appointment with the Monash FS of your choice (no doubt lots of the over 40's girls will be able to suggest good ones!) and then make a decision after that. In my view the FS is just as important as the clinic itself and you want someone whose attitude suits what you're seeking from IVF e.g. aggressive/innovative vs conservative/cautious.

Don't worry about those FSH injections, it's really not as bad as you expect - for the first one, I counted to three, jammed the thing in then swore like a fish wife! Not from the pain, but from the relief of getting it over with - its just the weirdness of injecting yourself that you have to get accustomed to. It's the Clexane that stings (and brusies!) after injection - but like all of the IVf 'perks' you get used it.

Bring on April hey!