Closed Thread
Page 17 of 103 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks @ricecracker, I can take Panadol/panadeine, but haven't wanted to. I've given in today though as they have gotten worse with the start of AF, hormones are through the roof this weekend and it's been a bit of a rough one!
    @Kelly70 lucrin is a drug to suppress the ovaries so they don't release the eggs. Essentially at this phase in the cycle it puts you in to a state of menopause-hence the sweats, headaches and general crankiness. It eases when you start fsh to stimulate the eggs to grow. Essentially they want your ovaries to completely shut down so nothing is growing, then stimulate the eggs to grow in the hope that they grow more, and evenly. While it's great to have lots of eggs, of they are all different sizes you run the risk of some 'over cooking' and some being 'undercooked' and won't fertilise.

I think you are incredibly brave to do this on your own. I'm sure once your dad sees the scans and it becomes a reality he will come around. Especially once you have bub in your arms!

At my clinic you have to have bt before 9am. My clinic is 45mins away from home and about 30mins away from work.mi'm there T 645 when they open the doors for my bt and my first scan is at 720am on 11/4 which sounds fine, but they are always running late and I start work at 8.30am , luckily my work know and my boss is super supportive of me coming in late.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies I hope you don't mind if I join in - I'll hopefully be cycling again in April/May - AF turned up so just got to get the official BFN tomorrow from last cycle and see our FS to work out next steps - I'm hoping we repeat as was a reasonably successful cycle apart from the obvious... This one will be our 6th Fresh cycle although only done 4 transfers to date (rest of detail is in my signature)

GL to everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rarah and welcome!!
    Massive luck for your next cycle my dear. Good to hear the last cycle was a positive experience, was it good egg numbers/embryos?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kelly70 - thanks! I went from an average of 6-8 eggs per cycle to 12 and was at risk of OHSS and I'm a poor responder with low AMH! Unfortunately no frosties - am thinking I might ask if there is anything we should be checking in relation to implantation...

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rarah11 have you had any immune/nk cell testing done?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Chiefsgirl - no not yet -I'm guessing because I got pregnant (did not end successfully) on first cycle my FS has assumed it's not an issue - but after the last several transfers with good embies I might ask about it - what does it involve?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rarah11, it's not uncommon for women to get pregnant, go to term and have immune issues flare up afterwards when trying for bub number 2. Not all FS believe in it so you might hit some obstacles. It's usually blood tests and a uterine biopsy. There is a book called 'is your body baby friendly' by Dr Beers which talks about it, he was a pioneer of the therapy. There is a thread on bubhub called Natural Killer cells, in the ivf/immunology area I think. The symptoms for those of us on there range from no implantation (me) to miscarrages/chemicals so you never know.

I am in my first cycle using the immune treatment this time and I'm one of the lucky ones where it works first time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Chiefsgirl FX all works you - I just got my BT results back it's a BFP - I'm totally shocked as had totally written it off as was exactly like last cycle! now slightly worried about the spotting so am having to up my progesterone and relax - off to Accupuncture!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rarah11 - amazing news especially being unexpected, what a beautiful surprise for you! Just goes to show, AF appearing at the end of a cycle does not necessarily count you out. Fingers crossed for you and keep us updated

Hels, hope the scan went well today.

Hugs to everyone else.

I'm still freaking waiting... Waiting..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all scan went great yesterday, junior looking great. I'm just over 13 weeks now and no further scans for another 4 weeks. Not long now Kelly before you can start. Congratulations rahrah ! I hope the spotting stops quickly.