+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Wisdom teeth removal?

Hey I had 2 wisdom teeth taken out in the chair a week ago under local anesthetic, procedure wasn't bad in itself but it did take him a prolonged time to get one in particular out, all up it took 2 hours and he ended up having to leave 1 root in there as he couldn't get it out.

I am still in pain, nurofen isn't doing anything, I've used up all the nurofen plus I had and that wasn't working too well either. I've had my jaw adjusted by my chiro yesterday which has improved it a little bit but nurofen is still not doing much.

I'm not really into popping all these pain meds and I am just wondering if it is normal to still be in pain a week later? It's right in where my lower jaw joins my upper jaw so I think it's from having my mouth open that wide for so long?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dh had this and it was. Infected.. I would. Go back to the dentist and check.
    You might juat ne3d anyi biotics!

Thanks
    Reviews
    This happened to my DF too. It was a dry socket and required antibiotics

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Podamonster For This Useful Post:

NewMrs  (21-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Same. .. dh had dry socket

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've made an appointment to see the dentist again tomorrow morning, she doesn't think it is dry socket more likely that the infection I had 2 weeks ago has returned as I couldn't take both lots of antibiotics.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had 4 impacted teeth taken out all at once under anaesthetic and I was in pain for a month. Nothing was wrong it just all hurt. I usually have a really high pain tolerance, but that was horrible

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I'm looking at getting 2 wisdom teeth removed as they're causing a tremendous amount of pain. I was wondering how long you had to wait to get them removed & how much it costs if you dont have PHI?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks for the help, it is an infection. Have 2 lots of antibiotics to take as well as some better pain meds.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    Thanks for the help, it is an infection. Have 2 lots of antibiotics to take as well as some better pain meds.

Sorry to hear you have an infection, but glad to hear you. Went back to try And sort it out.
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Pusheen The Cat View Post
    Hi I'm looking at getting 2 wisdom teeth removed as they're causing a tremendous amount of pain. I was wondering how long you had to wait to get them removed & how much it costs if you dont have PHI?
    Hi pusheen I had 2 taken out ad it cost me $38 with my private health, only had to wait a few days but I travelled to a branch that wasnt my closest to get it done. Without phi at the company I saw it would of cost around 1.5K.