+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    I also have a question, has anyone's young daughter started using a cup? DD is 9 1/2 and getting periods now, she's also a keen swimmer. Thankfully so far her period has been very light hasn't coincided with a swimming lesson day, but it's getting heavier so we're going to need to have an option soon but she seems so young to be using tampons!
    I think this is marvellous that you would encourage your daughter to start her period life out using cups!
    I reckon my whole teenage years would've been less of an issue if I'd known about cups...(particularly regarding being self conscious etc).
    There is no reason that she couldn't use a cup...they generally make small sized cups... is probably start my daughter using it at home tho so she doesn't get scared of the mess when out ❤️

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Taffabella For This Useful Post:

Stretched (09-06-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow interesting thread - I have been thinking about cups for a while too, but am not 100% sure. To be honest, I prefer pads still (the Toms organic cotton range is great lol). Thanks for the insight ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Question for users I have very heavy periods e.g. go through a super tampon in 30 mins. Sick of using maternity pads as period staples. Will the cup be able to handle free flowing heavy blood loss? Willing to give it a try but have a feeling it'll look like a crime scene when removing it and whilst it's out I'd need a temp solution to catch the ongoing flow! The joys of lady life!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingerlion View Post
    Question for users I have very heavy periods e.g. go through a super tampon in 30 mins. Sick of using maternity pads as period staples. Will the cup be able to handle free flowing heavy blood loss? Willing to give it a try but have a feeling it'll look like a crime scene when removing it and whilst it's out I'd need a temp solution to catch the ongoing flow! The joys of lady life!
    I think you’d be suprised. Not first cycle, but if you are willing to try I reckon by 3rd cycle you’d be a pro.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Taffabella For This Useful Post:

Gingerlion (03-10-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just bought a meluna after reading all your reviews. Hopefully will get it in time for next month.
    I bought it online in a 2 pack which came to the equivalent of A$40 including shipping. Much cheaper than the other brands

Thanks
    Reviews
    First period in 4 years... Off to re read x

Thanks
    Reviews
    My girlfriend uses menstrual cups, I've watched her put them in and take them out, I don't understand why everyone isn't using them!
    Especially compared to the on going costs of pads and tampons.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I’ve been using a cup for about 8 months love them and saved me heaps I’m honestly not sure what brand I brought but I know I got a cheaper brand and a medium priced brand and the cheap ones didn’t sit right. Never going back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason98 View Post
    My girlfriend uses menstrual cups, I've watched her put them in and take them out, I don't understand why everyone isn't using them!
    Especially compared to the on going costs of pads and tampons.
    I just read your comment but didn't look at who wrote it and was all 'I love my girlfriends but that's a bit close even for me', then I realised it was a different sort of girlfriend to mine.

Hubs once had to get mine out for me when it moved really high and I couldn't reach. Very embarrassing!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

Am33 (29-05-2019),Mason98 (17-01-2018),Taffabella (17-01-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    I just read your comment but didn't look at who wrote it and was all 'I love my girlfriends but that's a bit close even for me', then I realised it was a different sort of girlfriend to mine.

Hubs once had to get mine out for me when it moved really high and I couldn't reach. Very embarrassing!
    Haha!!!
    Did he manage to get it out?