+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 86
  1. #61
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    505
    Thanks
    99
    Thanked
    134
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    I also have a question, has anyone's young daughter started using a cup? DD is 9 1/2 and getting periods now, she's also a keen swimmer. Thankfully so far her period has been very light hasn't coincided with a swimming lesson day, but it's getting heavier so we're going to need to have an option soon but she seems so young to be using tampons!
    I think this is marvellous that you would encourage your daughter to start her period life out using cups!
    I reckon my whole teenage years would've been less of an issue if I'd known about cups...(particularly regarding being self conscious etc).
    There is no reason that she couldn't use a cup...they generally make small sized cups... is probably start my daughter using it at home tho so she doesn't get scared of the mess when out ❤️

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Taffabella For This Useful Post:

    Stretched (09-06-2017)

  3. #62
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked
    10
    Reviews
    0
    Wow interesting thread - I have been thinking about cups for a while too, but am not 100% sure. To be honest, I prefer pads still (the Toms organic cotton range is great lol). Thanks for the insight ladies!

  4. #63
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    153
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked
    74
    Reviews
    0
    Question for users I have very heavy periods e.g. go through a super tampon in 30 mins. Sick of using maternity pads as period staples. Will the cup be able to handle free flowing heavy blood loss? Willing to give it a try but have a feeling it'll look like a crime scene when removing it and whilst it's out I'd need a temp solution to catch the ongoing flow! The joys of lady life!

  5. #64
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    505
    Thanks
    99
    Thanked
    134
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingerlion View Post
    Question for users I have very heavy periods e.g. go through a super tampon in 30 mins. Sick of using maternity pads as period staples. Will the cup be able to handle free flowing heavy blood loss? Willing to give it a try but have a feeling it'll look like a crime scene when removing it and whilst it's out I'd need a temp solution to catch the ongoing flow! The joys of lady life!
    I think you’d be suprised. Not first cycle, but if you are willing to try I reckon by 3rd cycle you’d be a pro.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Taffabella For This Useful Post:

    Gingerlion (03-10-2017)

  7. #65
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    607
    Thanks
    260
    Thanked
    251
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just bought a meluna after reading all your reviews. Hopefully will get it in time for next month.
    I bought it online in a 2 pack which came to the equivalent of A$40 including shipping. Much cheaper than the other brands

  8. #66
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    172
    Thanks
    333
    Thanked
    54
    Reviews
    1
    First period in 4 years... Off to re read x

  9. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    659
    Thanks
    494
    Thanked
    337
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My girlfriend uses menstrual cups, I've watched her put them in and take them out, I don't understand why everyone isn't using them!
    Especially compared to the on going costs of pads and tampons.

  10. #68
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,380
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked
    273
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I’ve been using a cup for about 8 months love them and saved me heaps I’m honestly not sure what brand I brought but I know I got a cheaper brand and a medium priced brand and the cheap ones didn’t sit right. Never going back.

  11. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,382
    Thanks
    2,542
    Thanked
    3,148
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason98 View Post
    My girlfriend uses menstrual cups, I've watched her put them in and take them out, I don't understand why everyone isn't using them!
    Especially compared to the on going costs of pads and tampons.
    I just read your comment but didn't look at who wrote it and was all 'I love my girlfriends but that's a bit close even for me', then I realised it was a different sort of girlfriend to mine.

    Hubs once had to get mine out for me when it moved really high and I couldn't reach. Very embarrassing!

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

    Am33 (29-05-2019),Mason98 (17-01-2018),Taffabella (17-01-2018)

  13. #70
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    659
    Thanks
    494
    Thanked
    337
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    I just read your comment but didn't look at who wrote it and was all 'I love my girlfriends but that's a bit close even for me', then I realised it was a different sort of girlfriend to mine.

    Hubs once had to get mine out for me when it moved really high and I couldn't reach. Very embarrassing!
    Haha!!!
    Did he manage to get it out?


 

Similar Threads

  1. Menstrual cycle question
    By Honeytips in forum IVF
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 16-09-2013, 20:40
  2. Where to buy Personalised sippy cups
    By pisang in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 19-04-2013, 19:36
  3. Implantation bleeding or menstrual period?
    By pbarnesy in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25-02-2013, 13:19

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED SUPPORTER
Swim AustraliaSwim Australia are the leading learn-to-swim experts, and national swim school authority. With over 600 Registered Swim ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Pram for Bub and doggie walksProduct Recommendations & Questions
TTC - Optimistic October 2019Conception & Fertility General Chat
Carpal TunnelGeneral Health
Teeth not coming in straightGeneral Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
Dexamethasone til 9 weeks - safe?Reproductive Immunology
Weekend chat.General Chat
Trouble at Swimming LessonsGeneral Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat