Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You just squeeze it down with some pelvic floor exercises ☺

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

Koarlo  (29-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've recently bought the meluna in a medium with the ring end.

I'm only just about to go into my second cycle with it so I'm still getting used to it, but I found it worked better when it was just sitting not to far in so I can feel the end of it just hanging out sorry if to much info! It doesn't bother me at all and I can't feel it

4. The Following User Says Thank You to two souls For This Useful Post:

NAT2561  (28-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i brought mine from the uk site. I asked an Australian company a question that went like this...

I have never been able to use tampons i dont have a clue if they are in right or not. I also have short fingers, will I be able to use a cup.

Their response was....

since you have never used tampons i would not recommend the cup.

so they lost a customer through their response and i purchased one on sale on the UK website at less than half the price of one australian cup i was going to purchase. Even with the pounds converted to aust dollars.

I can indeed use a cup, its nothing like a tampon at all. Yes i have short fingers and so need all the stem I can get to remove it. But other than that its wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy easier than a tampon.

My only other issue is my blood is not thin its thick and stringy. So it looks like a murder scene in the toilet/bathroom I could never use it in a public bathroom as they say you can. Just take a bottle of water into the cubicle to wash it out to re-insert it. lol I would need a litre. lol. I have ended up a mess in my own bathroom, my first empty there was stringy bits hanging from the cup, the toilet paper my inner thigh. And the tap was half a meter away i couldn't leave the toilet bowl.

The other funny bit was when DD two year old sees me insert and gets down on hands and knees to look to see where it was going. Talk about stage fright

other than that I love my cup

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticFalls View Post
    i brought mine from the uk site. I asked an Australian company a question that went like this...

I have never been able to use tampons i dont have a clue if they are in right or not. I also have short fingers, will I be able to use a cup.

Their response was....

since you have never used tampons i would not recommend the cup.

so they lost a customer through their response and i purchased one on sale on the UK website at less than half the price of one australian cup i was going to purchase. Even with the pounds converted to aust dollars.

I can indeed use a cup, its nothing like a tampon at all. Yes i have short fingers and so need all the stem I can get to remove it. But other than that its wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy easier than a tampon.

My only other issue is my blood is not thin its thick and stringy. So it looks like a murder scene in the toilet/bathroom I could never use it in a public bathroom as they say you can. Just take a bottle of water into the cubicle to wash it out to re-insert it. lol I would need a litre. lol. I have ended up a mess in my own bathroom, my first empty there was stringy bits hanging from the cup, the toilet paper my inner thigh. And the tap was half a meter away i couldn't leave the toilet bowl.

The other funny bit was when DD two year old sees me insert and gets down on hands and knees to look to see where it was going. Talk about stage fright

other than that I love my cup
    Wiping it out with toilet paper saves having to take a water bottle in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh no just toilet paper does not cut it in my case. I need everything in my arsenal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How long is it recommended to keep the cup for?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I am buying a cup next week. It has been something I have wanted to buy for quite some time and I finally have the spare money for it. I am excited as it should arrive before my next period is due.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cups should last around 10yrs is what mine says

Thanks
    Reviews
    Reviving this thread as I need some tips please...
    I made a comment a while back about how difficult it was removing the Juju. Well, I've been too scared to try it again since then (about a year ago), because I'm paranoid it's going to get stuck. Breaking the suction was fine but it was too slippery to get an appropriate grip on it.. I think if I had some removal tips from you lovely ladies, I could work up the courage to try again. I really want to make this work, TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I also have a question, has anyone's young daughter started using a cup? DD is 9 1/2 and getting periods now, she's also a keen swimmer. Thankfully so far her period has been very light hasn't coincided with a swimming lesson day, but it's getting heavier so we're going to need to have an option soon but she seems so young to be using tampons!