+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have been using the Le Luna for a couple of months now. The first few days of my cycle I can get it in and opened easily but after around day 3 it’s like things have rearranged up there and i can’t get it to work? Has anyone else had this problem? I do have a slight bowel prolapse and wonder if the cup is ‘dragging’ it down further?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by two souls View Post
    I have been using the Le Luna for a couple of months now. The first few days of my cycle I can get it in and opened easily but after around day 3 it’s like things have rearranged up there and i can’t get it to work? Has anyone else had this problem? I do have a slight bowel prolapse and wonder if the cup is ‘dragging’ it down further?
    I've definitely become aware that I change shape up there throughout my AF, so it makes some days harder to get the cup in the right place. The first few days are always the easiest, but after that I often need to squat and wiggle around a few times after inserting to get it to find where it belongs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just started using a Juju. I was so hoping it would mean I didn’t need to deal with anything at work but I’ve found I do need to empty once. I know they say up to 8hrs & was hoping I could make that, but no luck.

Wondering if I should get a cup with a larger capacity?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also wondering if anyone is waste free with their period? And if so, whats your stash? I have a few pairs of ModiBodi & my cup but considering cloth pads & just wondering how many bits & pieces I might need.

Loving the confidence ModiBodi gives. Anyone use Thinx? Wondering how they compare?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingerlion View Post
    Question for users I have very heavy periods e.g. go through a super tampon in 30 mins. Sick of using maternity pads as period staples. Will the cup be able to handle free flowing heavy blood loss? Willing to give it a try but have a feeling it'll look like a crime scene when removing it and whilst it's out I'd need a temp solution to catch the ongoing flow! The joys of lady life!
    I’m new to this, but you could consider getting two cups. One out/one in.

Maybe choose a cup with a large capacity, but expect to change it regularly.

I wouldn’t have thought I had heavy periods but I need to refresh my cup within 4hrs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a juju, has anyone got tips for removing it? It was fine going in and comfortable to wear, but I'm now paranoid it'll get stuck.. it was incredibly difficult to remove! Would love to keep using it, any menstrual cup wisdom to help with removal techniques?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koarlo View Post
    I have a juju, has anyone got tips for removing it? It was fine going in and comfortable to wear, but I'm now paranoid it'll get stuck.. it was incredibly difficult to remove! Would love to keep using it, any menstrual cup wisdom to help with removal techniques?!
    I had trouble once removing it. Took me forever. Tips are to relax, squat and bear down (think pushing out a baby) to try and bring the cup within easier reach. You just want enough of the body of the cup to squeeze together to release the suction.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MLadyEm For This Useful Post:

Koarlo (09-02-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Reviving this thread:
    Used my cup for the first time last night for overnight and had. Huge leak this morning. Is that normal? The seal felt really good when I went to bed, but maybe I hadn’t inserted it correctly or the 10 hours I had it in, on day 1 of period was too much. I’m persisting today with a pad in to see how it goes. Also having trouble getting it out.
    Any tips on first time, night time use would be awesome xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @GemJane did you empty before bed?
    I always start fresh for overnight. Very rarely do i leak.

I have had leaks when I thought I was well sealed but when I would go to the loo I would notice blood on the loo paper, so would remove and start again....

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Taffabella For This Useful Post:

GemJane (05-03-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Menstrual cups?? Tell me all about them??

Quote Originally Posted by Taffabella View Post
    @GemJane did you empty before bed?
    I always start fresh for overnight. Very rarely do i leak.

I have had leaks when I thought I was well sealed but when I would go to the loo I would notice blood on the loo paper, so would remove and start again....
    Thank you for your response.
    I got my period late yesterday at work so used a tamp until I got home and after shower before bed and then put in cup (first time ever)
    So yes it was fresh, but maybe not inserted correctly? It feels totally comfortable, but I’m worried it isn’t unfolding once inserted? Like it’s staying in the “c” fold?
    Just now I went to the loo and had blood on my pad so either I’m not inserting correctly or the one I’m using is too small.
    It is day one so my flow is pretty heavy.
    I don’t know lol. So confused. But I really love it so am going to persist.
    I will add that the two I have are a no name brand I bought from a fb site, so maybe I need to try a better brand (suggestions welcome) and I’m also using the smaller one, again being a first timer I was nervous about the fit.
    Thanks in advance xx