+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Menstrual cups?? Tell me all about them??

What brand is the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have a lunette and a meluna. I prefer my meluna

3. The Following User Says Thank You to IndigoJ For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska (20-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    MeLuna is my preferred brand too. I buy the ones with the ball on the end for ease of removing. The ones with the stems don't look as if they would be awfully comfortable.

I buy from this site: http://www.femininewear.co.uk/. Despite being in the Uk, it seems to work out cheaper than buying elsewhere. They also have an ebay store.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska (20-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a Lunette, and while I love it's convenience, I don't like the stem. On lighter days it tends to dig in and be uncomfortable.

So I might go and look at the MeLuna as I like the sound of a ball.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've only recently converted to a cup but if love it and would never go back to tampons now. I like my skoon cup but I'm not sure how it compares to others as it is the only one I have used. I think it worked out to be about $50 inc postage buying it directly from skoon in the US.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a Juju and I love it. Australian made. It has the stem but I cut it off so there's nothing left, it poked me. I find it very easy to get out with no stem/ball.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought one but haven't used it yet because I want to know is the removal messy? Is there a trick to it all?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2mummiestobe View Post
    I bought one but haven't used it yet because I want to know is the removal messy? Is there a trick to it all?
    No, it's not messy. You just remove it and empty it down the toilet/in the shower, rinse or wipe it out and it's good to go back in.

I think the hardest thing I found when I started using them was getting it in a comfortable position and in properly. I discovered a few squats after application really helped with this.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

Carlsy (03-10-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i brought mine from the uk site. I asked an Australian company a question that went like this...

I have never been able to use tampons i dont have a clue if they are in right or not. I also have short fingers, will I be able to use a cup.

Their response was....

since you have never used tampons i would not recommend the cup.

so they lost a customer through their response and i purchased one on sale on the UK website at less than half the price of one australian cup i was going to purchase. Even with the pounds converted to aust dollars.

I can indeed use a cup, its nothing like a tampon at all. Yes i have short fingers and so need all the stem I can get to remove it. But other than that its wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy easier than a tampon.

My only other issue is my blood is not thin its thick and stringy. So it looks like a murder scene in the toilet/bathroom I could never use it in a public bathroom as they say you can. Just take a bottle of water into the cubicle to wash it out to re-insert it. lol I would need a litre. lol. I have ended up a mess in my own bathroom, my first empty there was stringy bits hanging from the cup, the toilet paper my inner thigh. And the tap was half a meter away i couldn't leave the toilet bowl.

The other funny bit was when DD two year old sees me insert and gets down on hands and knees to look to see where it was going. Talk about stage fright

other than that I love my cup

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticFalls View Post
    i brought mine from the uk site. I asked an Australian company a question that went like this...

I have never been able to use tampons i dont have a clue if they are in right or not. I also have short fingers, will I be able to use a cup.

Their response was....

since you have never used tampons i would not recommend the cup.

so they lost a customer through their response and i purchased one on sale on the UK website at less than half the price of one australian cup i was going to purchase. Even with the pounds converted to aust dollars.

I can indeed use a cup, its nothing like a tampon at all. Yes i have short fingers and so need all the stem I can get to remove it. But other than that its wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy easier than a tampon.

My only other issue is my blood is not thin its thick and stringy. So it looks like a murder scene in the toilet/bathroom I could never use it in a public bathroom as they say you can. Just take a bottle of water into the cubicle to wash it out to re-insert it. lol I would need a litre. lol. I have ended up a mess in my own bathroom, my first empty there was stringy bits hanging from the cup, the toilet paper my inner thigh. And the tap was half a meter away i couldn't leave the toilet bowl.

The other funny bit was when DD two year old sees me insert and gets down on hands and knees to look to see where it was going. Talk about stage fright

other than that I love my cup
    Wiping it out with toilet paper saves having to take a water bottle in.