+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I usually budget $40 for a baby shower and $30 for when bub arrives if I am particulary close to the family.... however I always get excited buying baby stuff and pick up alot more than I mean to its just all so cute!
    Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    About $80 - $100 for baby shower and $50 when baby is born.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I go nuts I love babies

2 of my clients and 1 girl I work with are all pregnant.

I know the sex of two of the babies & have already bought many outfits & blankets etc. I'll probably just get a small gift for the showers & arrive due to the amount of gifts I'll give them during the pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    On average I don't like to spend more then $30 if it's a closer friend/family member and I could afford it I'd spend heaps more.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to add for my baby shower I didn't expect much at all and I was so overwhelmed and thankfully for all the beautiful gifts I'd received. I appreciated every little thing and did not expect to be so spoilt :-)

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I usually only do the one gift either baby shower or baby arrival. Normally $30-$50 for friends and $100 close friends.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it truly depends on one's budget and where they are financially in life. If someone is struggling financially or has a tighter budget even if they are a generous, giving person, one would hope they would still buy within their means.

At this stage we usually spend around $50 for not-so-close and $100 for close, but even then it's great to get nice things on sale so that one can buy quality stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haven't been to a baby shower, or had friends have babies, as yet. The first is due in a couple of months, and my plan so far is a book I got from an op shop for $1. My daughter has a copy and loves it.

For friends generally I'd probably give them second hand things that were ours, or spend up to about $20. For my sister I'd happily spend up to a couple of hundred if I could think of something she'd really use/appreciate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Looks like everyone has completely different amounts. I dont think there needs to be a set amount but I personally have been to ALOT of baby showers and I dont think ive seen one present opened that would have been worth less than $50. From what ive seen and heard ppl put into group gifts $50 seems to be an average minimum amount. Then if its a close friend or family I would spend at least $100. Same for when the baby is born I think $50 is a good amount if u have already spent $50 on the baby shower. If no baby shower then $100 minimum for when the baby is born. Of course it depends on ppls budgets & how close u r to a person but I myself would feel tight spending less than $50 for each gift ($100 in total) from what ive seen this seems to be average

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I know a close friend or family is preg & I'm going to want to buy a present I normally keep an eye out in the lead up & will buy bits & pieces as they go on sale. So mine will look like I've spent a lot but may have spent around $50-$60.

For another friend whose baby shower I went too, about 4 of us put in & bought a lovely basket full of goodies. From memory we all put in about $20 & got her some really nice things

I haven't had kids yet & everyone is different, however if it were me, I wouldn't want people spending too much. It really is the thought that counts