+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Seeking advice

Hello :-)

I'm just after some advice of the chance of being pregnant. Around the end of October I took myself off the pill(had been on it for 2 years) while my partner used a condom when we were intimate. I had no period for month and then began a normal period. So since being off the pill (LEVLEN) I have had 2 normal periods. My last began Dec 24th and lasted 28th Dec. I decided once I got my next period (Dec) I would start the pill again. So on the 25th I was taking the LEVLEN white sugar pill up until the 27th in which I had sex with my partner and he came inside me....straight after that happened I took my beige active pill. We had sex for a few days straight after that while I continued taking the beige active pill in which resulted him in finishing inside me. So what are the chance of pregnancy? Apologies if I posted this in the wrong section...thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    From memory when I was on the pill if u started taking it or skipped a pill you need to wait for a full two weeks before having un protected intercourse so yes there is a chance you could be pregnant if u have kept doing this. How long where ur cycles since being off the pill? that can help determine when u ovulate and how likely or unlikely it is that your pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Monkeyface....the first one after I stopped the pill came a month later and lasted around 5-6 days the last one in Dec was around the same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So in between the 2 periods was the 'normal' 28 days or there abouts? If so on a regular 28 day cycle you would ovulate on approx cycle day 14 (your cycle starts the day your period starts) so 14 days after your period started you should have ovulated. Sperm can live up to 4-5 days so if u had unprotected intercourse after day 9 of your cycle you could be pregnant. Did u have sex a week or so after your period finished? When is your period due?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry Monkeyface...I clearly didn't read your reply correctly. So it is roughly around the 28 day mark. Nov 25th my first one after stopping the pill began and Dec 25th my second one began....oh and I should have mentioned that we had sex on the second last day of my period which I took the active pill and a few days after that...and it is day8- 9 since I finished and we did have sex without a condom since but I was taking the active pill still but not always the same time...

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's okay so if I have read correctly you have now been on the active pill for two weeks today correct? Therefore any unprotected play time from then to now may not have been covered by the pill. Last month you had a 30 day cycle so if this month is the same (this May not be the case as your body does take many months to regulate itself once off the pill) then your next period is due 24th January meaning you will probably ovulate this coming Friday or thereabouts so if you don't want to get pregnant then make sure your extra careful this week. If your period doesn't arrive by jan 24th (30 days since your last period) then you might want to test.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So 9 days exact on active pills :-). Yes, I gathered that it may not be the case. I just don't want to overlook on things if get sick here and there...I'm probably just best to wait until the next period...which won't be bang on the 24th but a bit earlier according to my pill packet....hmmm!