+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default questioning my faith

I'm not sure I want to be a Christian any more.
    First, prayer is a waste of time. Prayer seems to be a way of getting what we want. It seems that life a deck of cards, and you just have to play the hand you are dealt. It seems that God will do what God wants regardless.
    Also, the ot isn't relivant. And Christians are so unloving. They are good at helping the homeless etc but cant help those in the church struggling.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pianolady For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (01-01-2014),GlitterFarts  (23-12-2013),LadyInWeighting  (23-12-2013),Liddybugs  (01-01-2014),ourbradybunch  (22-12-2013),ozeymumof5  (22-12-2013),sunnyflower  (22-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Perhaps take a break, leaving your faith does not make you a bad person

Sent from my LT15i using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe it's more your church?? Big hugs,

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Queenblossomface For This Useful Post:

fullofhope  (23-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs OP, it is natural that we all have times when we question our faith and struggle with understanding things such as prayer and the relevance of the church to the 'real world'. I'll come back and post some of my musings on the subject tomorrow...off to bed for tonight.
    Hugs x.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenblossomface View Post
    Maybe it's more your church?? Big hugs,
    THIS.

I had a crisis of faith many years ago and walked out of a church, mid-service, in tears. It felt so wrong - not me walking out, but the service.

Anyway, a friend followed me, gave me a huge hug and told me that I didn't have to go to church to be a Christian. You're a follower of Christ not a follower of a particular church.

Re Christians being "unloving"... Christians are humans too and can hurt you just as much as non-Christians. Sometimes they hurt more because you put your trust in them believing (wrongly) that they can only do good.

It's good that you are questioning your faith. Try visiting some other churches or groups. Hopefully you'll come out the other side stronger!

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi pianolady, there is nothing wrong with questioning your faith. there is nothing wrong with moving on to another church, or with not attending church at all. Your faith is with God or Jesus, or whoever you accept as your guide. From your post, it seems you have a personal grievance with some people and perhaps also with feeling your prayers are going unanswered. These things happen to most of us at least once in a lifetime. It is common but very sad when this happens. Do you have other friends you can share with? I hope you can reach a peaceful place. Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all for the replies. I will be taking a break and visiting other churches after the xmas stuff is over.
    No, it's not just one person or people causing the issues, but it was the fact that 3 people I know have cancer and no one in the church seemed willing to hels. I don't know a lot of Christians just seem "fake" and not real. They give pat answers like "pray" and then expect every thing to be fine.
    But some times, life isn't like that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pianolady View Post
    Thank you all for the replies. I will be taking a break and visiting other churches after the xmas stuff is over.
    No, it's not just one person or people causing the issues, but it was the fact that 3 people I know have cancer and no one in the church seemed willing to hels. I don't know a lot of Christians just seem "fake" and not real. They give pat answers like "pray" and then expect every thing to be fine.
    But some times, life isn't like that.
    I'm so sorry for them and you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm so sorry you are feeling like this. And I'm sorry for your friends not getting any help within the church.
    I feel so blessed that the church I go to help each other out and are there for each other.
    Big hugs xx.