Hi all! I had our baby girl 7 weeks ago now (our first) conceived first round of IVF. DH and I would like to start trying again in about 6-8 months for bub 2. I'm just wodering I would like to try natural for a bit first rather than jump right back to IVF but is there any point? And how long would you suggest trying naturally before heading back to see a fertility specialist? We only have one embryo left and is currently frozen. We would love another bub but we know that if it dosnt happen we still have been blessed with a beautiful baby girl. DH is 34 im 32 and considering we tried two years naturally before IVF and didnt fall pregnant once in that time I dint want to leave it too long for trying for the next one.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 11
04-12-2013 23:39 #1
when to try for baby no 2? to go with IVF straighT up or try naturally?
05-12-2013 08:30 #2
We are the same. Our beautiful 5 month old was 2nd cycle ivf. Unfortunately for us we have no embys in storage. He was our lucky last. We would dearly love another baby and decided that we would not do ivf again as it took a massive emotional and physical toll on me and that we would try naturally. I have never gone back on the pill. We are taking the approach of if it happens it happens. If it never does we are extremly greatful that we have miracle ds.
Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
05-12-2013 08:41 #3
I hope it works out for you i know what you mean emotionally it was hard but also financially, last year Medicare sent us at tax time a paper on how much we had spent for the year on IVF and doctor bills it was around $17,000 hopefully we fall naturally
The Following User Says Thank You to clucky14 For This Useful Post:
05-12-2013 08:45 #4
It really depends on what your fertility issues are. In our case, our chances of getting pregnant naturally are extremely small (although we did manage it with DD, but our situation has gotten worse since then). We tried for about 6months on our own for #2 then went to the FS, which is when we discovered how bad things had become. So we took some time to think about it and then started IVF - I'm now 7w pregnant after 3 rounds.
If we decide to have a third, we will go straight to IVF. We have one frozen embryo so we'd start with that. I'll be 33 when this baby is born and a family history of early menopause so it's not like we have time to waste.
05-12-2013 08:47 #5Senior Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2010
Congratulations on your bub Clucky! I stopped bf at 10 mnths in preparation to start IVF again. We had conceived on our 2nd cycle so I was pretty hopeful it would happen again pretty quickly. I'd hoped something natural would happen in the meantime even though the chances were minimal - but of course it didn't.
Unfortunately, it took us 2 years and 6 more cycles to get pregnant again. I'm older than you - 39 now, and while we initially did IVF for mfi, in that time, issues developed with me. We were at the point of saying we'll be happy with our DS, but then got one last opinion who tried something different which worked. I'm really glad we didn't wait longer because you really don't know what's going to happen. I think when the odds are against you from falling naturally, you're best to just jump bavk on the rollercoaster when or if you are ready. Good luck!
05-12-2013 08:50 #6
05-12-2013 08:54 #7
Ideally DH would like to wait a year before trying again but since I never got pregnant once in the 2 years we were trying naturally I'm thinking we should try a lot earlier maybe at about 6 months. Such h a worry I really would love 2. I you're right probably best to o straight back to it or give ourselves 2 months of naturally trying and that's it.
05-12-2013 09:00 #8
05-12-2013 11:10 #9Senior Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2010
You could get the AMH blood test which gives you an idea of your ovarian reserve. I don't know if it's directly related to menopause but it does indicate what is happening with your eggs. It costs $70, no medicare rebate. Mine ended up being low for my age and FS said if you weren't already doing IVF I'd be advising you start. Might just give you an idea of how things are going and how much time you might have.
05-12-2013 22:25 #10
Got one of those tests before we started IVF and mine was low for my age so another reason I'm worried. I spoke to DH today and explained all this and told him as much as I would love well both of us would love to wait a year before ttc again ideally we should start earlier and he agreed so we will start trying when I go back to work in April which will be 6 months from when bub was born. We wanted to have bought a house ect beforehand but I guess sometimes you can't plan things. Thanks girls E I'm just so worried that things may not be as easy 2nd time round, we were so lucky to fall pregnant after 1st round of IVF.
By MrsPoss in forum Conception & Fertility General ChatReplies: 0Last Post: 12-11-2013, 09:51
By Blackdomino1 in forum Third Trimester ChatReplies: 12Last Post: 14-08-2013, 10:17
By heymegz in forum Birth & Labour QuestionsReplies: 18Last Post: 18-04-2013, 23:13
Cots on BubhubLooking to buy a cot or bassinet? :: Cot safety checklist :: Local or online nursery ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
April/May TTC group chatConception & Fertility General Chat
I am... #20General Chat
Wdyt- creepy postieGeneral Chat
Too soon to test?Conception & Fertility General Chat
Weekend Fluff- Saddest tv moment **spoiler alertGeneral Chat
Homework - is it necessary?General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
threatened misscarriage? maybe? tmiFirst Trimester Chat
Is this implatation blood??Conception & Fertility General Chat