+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Uniquey View Post
    I'm not sure, sorry. I assumed it was the 1 hour session, but knowing my cousin I would say the 1hr and not 2hr one.
    Thanks. . Im the conservative type too

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise41 View Post
    what sort of pointers did she give you? im going up to Brisbane soon for 2 days to see mum and do xmas shopping at Carindale and am interested in this.. so would love some info thanks
    Mine was only a short freebie session that they used to offer a couple of years ago. She didn't take me in to any shops, but just talked about different shapes that would suit me, colours, how to play up certain parts, and also about just learning to accept that these are my legs so I just have to get used to seeing them so I can wear something that shows them (but not a micro mini....she wasn't advocating that).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    Mine was only a short freebie session that they used to offer a couple of years ago. She didn't take me in to any shops, but just talked about different shapes that would suit me, colours, how to play up certain parts, and also about just learning to accept that these are my legs so I just have to get used to seeing them so I can wear something that shows them (but not a micro mini....she wasn't advocating that).
    Thanks so much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well Ive decided that this was my Christmas gift for hubby to get me... But he said... I don't think soo.. prob just a scam to get you to buy more clothes.. the expensive type..
    WELL ....then I'll just have to save the cash for it so hubby doesn't know and be sneaky sneaky and buy it for myself.. and chase him up to buy me maybe just westfield vouchers for xmas. !!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 3Rreg For This Useful Post:

LadyInWeighting  (12-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just wanted to give an update from my personal stylist sessions at Westfield Chermside..
    Well I had it done.. it was AWSOME !!!! I had Christie Nicolaides and she instantly became my best friend. She was easy to talk to, very genuine, didn't come across as fake or felt like she couldn't connect with me and what I was wanting out of the session. She asked questions about if I knew my size and shape. Asked what I was wanting out of the session. She asked if I would buy clothes in shop a,b or c and I said no well then what about e,f or G, and I said yes. We went to the one shop and spent the entire time there. She explained what length in bottoms work well for my height, what necklines work well. How to wear belts, minimal make up and minimal accessories can look like Ive actually tried when I haven't really. She showed me how to layer clothing, dress up items and casuals.. I had only booked for an hour @ 9:30 but she stayed with me till 11am to see allllll the clothing she we had picked out for me.. It would have been good if we could have gone to some shoe shops but she already went over her time with me.. It was defiantly money well spent and I would recommend her ...

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 3Rreg For This Useful Post:

babycake  (12-02-2014),BH-KatiesMum  (13-02-2014),HappyBovinexx  (12-02-2014)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sounds great. I think that I might go back for a full session one day.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Myer and DJs also do stylist sessions for free, with no obligation to buy what they recommend. Although you're obviously limited to the respective store rather than a whole shopping centre, I found it fantastic! The stylist spent 3 hours with me and also recommended some other brands which she thought would suit my body shape.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by crankyoldcow View Post
    OP this sounds like what I need. I live near Chermside. Out of interest what shops did she take you to? How much did it cost? How far in advance did you need to book?
    It was $100 for an hour.. I booked it last month, but I wanted some time to save up for it and also she had time off over Christmas/ny..
    We went to "tempt/( sp??)".. But said I go to Alley, valley girl, those shops along the way to the food court, sorry I've got school kids and looking at getting a new career so I wanted a school mum look.. nothing trashy nor beyond my genuine self. Im a small size 6/8 with a column/vase frame I now know.. ( id never even heard or a column or vase frame).. The session did wonders for my self confidence which was another thing that I lacked.. id really recommend it.. She also said that they hold free fashion events/shows but I couldn't see anything on the Westfield website

Salsamama.. wow I wonder if they offer that same service here in Brisbane.. might need to look into that.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 3Rreg For This Useful Post:

HappyBovinexx  (12-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Rreg View Post
    Salsamama.. wow I wonder if they offer that same service here in Brisbane.. might need to look into that.
    I'm pretty sure they do it at their big stores in all the cities.

Thanks
    Reviews
    just wanted to do a mini update... I went clothes shopping yesterday.. and brought 2 dresses and a crochet top to wear with the dresses. I saw clothes that would suits my shape, with necklines and length and remembered tips hat the stylist showed me.. And the biggest tip of all was to "try it on first" you never know it can look completely different on !!!

Oh and it was "temt" that I went to with the stylist and yesterday I went to SES..

Just jeans.. portmans aren't really in my budget type clothes shops.. which is what the stylist asked me about..