+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    If you're cooking/providing the food I was thinking more in terms of too many food options as opposed to too much food in terms of literally how much there is. At my MIL's 60th birthday I think there was about 50 people and there were less options than that and they were still eating the food for weeks after lol. I deliberately left our food options to a minimum/simple because I don't want people to feel like they're spending all day preparing/serving and then cleaning up food. It all sounds very yummy I'd just think about taking too much on.
    I'm doing all the food. You make a good point. I guess I'm just offering lots of options because I'm not sure what people like.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Looking at your menu, as amazing as it is, I'd drop the BBQ meats, the sausage rolls and party pies. And just have everything you can pre-prepare the day or two in advance. That way you don't spend your wedding day cooking or anything, it's all ready to go and no hassles. =D

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

cluckcluck  (25-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cluckcluck View Post
    I'm doing all the food. You make a good point. I guess I'm just offering lots of options because I'm not sure what people like.
    That's why I thought two protein options would be a good idea - atlantic salmon or steak (I checked first no vegetarians - I would've happily catered for vego if I needed to). Generally when you're at a wedding you get given one of a couple of options and I've been to weddings where you're given either fish or steak depending on where you're sitting. People swap if they don't like.

I think it's very thoughtful to have so many options (especially in case of fussy kids) but I think it's also good to keep in mind that you'll probably want to be enjoying the day rather than worrying about food and leaving a huge mess for people to clean up.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

cluckcluck  (25-11-2013)