I have a FB friend who writes lol after every single status update, even if its not funny. It's very bizarre.
A friend who takes a pic of her lunch and dinner every single day and writes "description of food" nom nom nom.
Another friend I went to school with is pregnant (her statuses used to all be about getting pregnant) and has written daily updates since the day she had sex and fell pregnant about NOT wanting to b pregnant. I want my body back, I can't sleep, my skin looks terrible, I feel sick, I can't eat deli meat, wish I could have a wine, blah blah blah. As someone who had struggled thru IVF I ended up blocking her. Couldn't bear to listen to her being so ungrateful any longer.
My brother has FB and never comments or likes anything of mine yet will send me a text straight away saying cute pic "insert DS name" if I have posted a pic or send me a text in regards to a comment he could of made on my status. Weird.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 91 to 100 of 113
23-11-2013 11:22 #91
The Following User Says Thank You to EternalOptimist For This Useful Post:
23-11-2013 11:28 #92Senior Member
- Join Date
- May 2006
23-11-2013 11:42 #93-
- Join Date
- Feb 2013
The dill pickles who call into work on a Fri or Sat night saying they are sick or injured...next thing they are posting on fb gloating of the wicked night out they are having! Duhhhh you have all your workmates (that you just let down) on your facebook!
23-11-2013 11:51 #94Senior Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
23-11-2013 11:55 #95Senior Member
- Join Date
- May 2006
My favourite, this one woman always says things like "having such an awful day, at least I know who my true friends are", and similar things, and if anyone asks her what is wrong she posts "I really just don't want to talk about it right now"............WTF, seriously - what an attention seeker.
23-11-2013 12:03 #96
My brothers psycho ex! Her FB was like a shrine to herself. I met her once and they had a very bad relationship. She tried to friend every single one of us in the family. All sibling cousins aunty uncle etc. We kept trying to warn him!
Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
23-11-2013 12:45 #97
Hang on so let me see if I’ve got this right??...
The ‘don’ts’ of FB are as follows
- Don’t communicate with people through FB
- Don’t add laughter noises/symbols t the end of a post
- Don’t talk politics
- Don’t talk climate control
- Don’t hashtag
- Don’t count down to exciting events
– no one cares
- Don’t post selfies (especially ones with minimal clothing, duck faces or if you are a single parent)
- Don’t post pics of extra curricula activities (namely ones involving a pole)- Don’t be unhappy with your partner
- Don’t be happy with your partner
- Don’t comment on or like too many things
- Don’t give advice
- Don’t add people you’ve only recently met
- Don’t add friend’s friends
- Don’t post pics of your kids
- Don’t neglect to post pics of your kids
- Don’t post workout photos (especially if you have kids or you might be neglecting them)
- Don’t post feeling sorry for yourself
- Don’t post pics of food (And for god’s sake don’t describe what it is)
- Don’t post more pics or comments about of of your children or it may seem you favour them over the others
- Don’t check in
- Don’t post comment or pics with your ‘bestie’ and refrain from using that word altogether
- Don’t be too proud of weight loss and over share
- Don’t update about your pets
- Don’t share inspirational posts
- Don’t declare your child is the cutest
- Don’t tell people the good deeds you’ve done for the day
- Don’t show breastfeeding paraphernalia
- Don’t say you’re upset unless you want to devluge details to your entire facebood friends list
- Don’t post too often
- Don’t be a stalker by looking but not posting
- Don’t complain about your life
Just a quick question – are there and ‘dos’ on FB are we all just doomed by someone else’s standards??
Last edited by Theboys&me; 23-11-2013 at 12:47.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:
23-11-2013 12:49 #98
Basically dont use facebook lol
Seriously most of those things are ok in moderation but some go way over the top.
At the end of the day its their facebook so if someone annoys me enough I just unfollow their posts!
Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
23-11-2013 13:21 #99
23-11-2013 13:30 #100
I did look at their profiles quite a bit at the start, I do admit. When I found out about her, I wanted to suss out who she was as she was going to be - or was already - around my son regularly. ExDH was also still constantly lying about things, like her living with him, which I discovered through Facebook too.
By JR03 in forum Family FinancesReplies: 16Last Post: 26-08-2013, 09:05
By ciaomamma in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & ChatReplies: 112Last Post: 21-01-2013, 23:47
By Jensha in forum General ChatReplies: 3Last Post: 07-12-2012, 13:04
Hunter Women's Health CentreHunter Women’s Health Centre care for women of all ages, in the full spectrum of their gynaecologic and obstetric ...
LATESTToilet training: when is the best time to start?Why it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Career change - good idea?Working Hubbers - Employed
Egg Donation in South Africa #14Egg Donation
Am I the only thread killer??General Chat
IVF Babies due August/Sept/Oct' 16 #4pregnancy and babies through IVF
Melbourne Student Midwife Offering Pregnancy Support/Continuity of CareMoonee Valley area
Neighbours 30 years - 2015Movies / Music / Books / TV Chat