ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Unexpected music taste!

So i have discoved that DD who is almost 3 really loves music from 50's and 60's girl groups.... What the?!

I realised the other day in Woolies that she was full on trolley dancing to the music in the supermarket. I mentioned it to my sister who lent me a best of CD and today in the car i tried it out and she loved it and got cross when i tried to skip some songs. She especially liked "my boyfriends back" lol.

In the past my dh and i has tried to "educate" her musical tastes to no avail. DH is partial to punk and i am a an indie girl from back in the 90s and she will not listen to any of it lol.

So out of curiosity has your child or children taken a shine to a particular musical style?
    Last edited by TeaAndToast; 19-11-2013 at 21:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My poor dd has acquired her dad's taste in hard styles/dance music

I'm planning on playing my music quite often at home so belly bub follows suit

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Haha I used to be the same when I was younger.. I remember picking out a cassette(is that even how you spell it??so old school) when I was around 7 called "Black and Beautiful" with really old music on it(like Midnight train to Georgia) and I loved it.
    luckily my kids are lil followers and just love what ever I listen to

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I love 60's music. If i have time, i will sit with one of my residents at work and chill with him for as long as i can.

DS has no particular style of music he likes but will sing along to a few like roar by katy perry.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    DS, 14, is OBSESSED with techno/house/doof doof We don't know where he got his taste from; DH and I like metal/rock/grunge and that type of music has always been played in our household. (as well as many others such as The Beatles, Lou Reed, Cat Stevens, Leonard Cohen) We thought that DS was on his way to following in our footsteps when he used to borrow our Red Hot Chili Peppers CD's and listen to them in his room. But then he started getting into this techno stuff in a major way. He spends every spare moment DJing and making his own music (which he is amazing at) and he will be getting professional DJ decks for Christmas. He uploads his creations and has almost one hundred online followers
    ETA: I just told DS that I wrote a post about his music and he is making me say it is called "dubstep"... Lol.. Sorry, DS!

"Life Is Ours, We Live It Our Way".
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 19-11-2013 at 21:45.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (19-11-2013)