Closed Thread
Page 6 of 92 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Libelle, much empathy for your angst.

All I can recommend is that you may wish to consider a HPT as it can show a positive this early on and this might alleviate your concern regarding the spotting.

I did transfers of 5 day embryos twice, the first time the embryos were both more advanced than the second time and the positive showed up 5 days post the transfer. The second time they were less advanced, it was negative 5 days post transfer, I did not test 6 days post transfer and it was positive 7 days post transfer.

On the other hand, you may not wish to start the pee-on-a-stick roller coaster ride this early.

Thinking of you. Best of luck.
    Last edited by Gentay; 22-11-2013 at 20:32.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gentay For This Useful Post:

Libelle  (22-11-2013),sootymay  (25-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Romy wonderful news.

Libelle, my problem is reoccurring miscarriage so I have been pregnant 8 times and have experienced implantation bleeding, it usually happens close to your period about 3 or 4 days before your period is due (just my experience). It can be one incidence of spotting either brown or red or if you have been active with your partner you can get some bright red blood after the act. The timing your describing could definitely be implantation bleeding but if it is then you might not get a positive on a test for another few days. Fingers crossed for you

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nidhulaine For This Useful Post:

Libelle  (22-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Gentay and Nidhulaine!
    Spotting has stopped. It wasn't much at all just gave me a fright! Hopefully it was an isolated incident and not the beginning of AF. As I had a chemical in June I don't think I'll do any home preg tests because if something showed I just know i would then agonise over the faintness or strength of the lines! Unless I know the Hcg level that goes with a positive and its over 100 for the first test I wouldn't be able to relax or get too excited anyway! After my South African donor cycle I literally had 5 seconds to enjoy the news of the positive when the nurse told me 'good news it's positive' then in the next breath she said 'however the levels are a bit low at 47' .... And I knew straight away it was going to turn out to be a chemical pregnancy!! Ahhh

So I'll sit tight for now and wait for next week's blood test hoping that this being something I have not seen before is a good sign - if all my other 15 transferred embryos did not work then my reasoning is that anything different could be a good sign!! At least I'm sticking with that theory for now!

thanks again for the responses!

Libelle

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies,

ROMY - Huge congratulations to you and your DH!! So happy for you!!

Libelle - Good to hear the bleeding has stopped. Best of luck for your BT.

Sooty - Thinking of you and keeping everything crossed for a BFP.

Hi to all the other ladies.

AFM : I have some good news with my overseas blood test results which is quite surprising due to my horrible virus for 3 days prior to my blood draw. I expected to see an over active immune system! After trialing 10 days on neupogen it has reduced my NK killing power to almost normal (.04 over) CD19CD5 normal, IVFgammaIL10 normal but my TNF alpha is slightly elevated at 33 and should be under 30. We don't know if this is a results of the nasty virus I had so I'll be having IVIg and 5mg prednisolone to bring this level down.

The previous 2 draws in July and Sept showed elevated levels so I'm extremely happy to say the NEUPOGEN is working for me!!

I've commenced my donor cycle and due to leave for South Africa in 2 weeks!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Libelle, I have been trying to get my HCG back to zero for 7 weeks now and have been doing weekly or two weekly blood draws and also using first response pregnancy tests(the cheaper stick u dip in the sample ones) and last week my hcg was 27 and I still got a positive, this morning my hcg should be about half aprox 15 and I still have a faint positive so the early pregnancy tests are very very sensitive so as you said it's better wait longer and get a blood test result.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nidhulaine For This Useful Post:

Libelle  (24-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Helenmac - that's great news, and I can't believe you are leaving in 2 weeks!! Will you be on the pred all the way through? Are you going with DH or on your own this time - sorry I can't remember if you had any frozens? Interesting that I am reading about home preg tests from a few of you. As now that we are back (landed 6.15pm last night... reality has hit, and now I am constantly thinking about preparing for the worst, which for me is by doing a home preg test first (may sound odd... but that's my way of dealing with it). I have heard so many times from Doctors, Nurses and other IVF'ers not to home test due to false results... so I'm still deciding if I go down the chemist or not. Funny, as I'm not in any great rush to go out and get my BT which they said to do Monday... I'm putting off any heartache... self preservation... but I also know I need to... as I don't really want to stay on all these meds any longer than necessary either. I guess by Tuesday when I go back to work... I'll be taking myself down for a BT... I'll have to. Its DH's birthday Wednesday... why refrain from celebrating with a vino if I don't have to ! Hi to everyone else. I've hit the wall now and need to go back to sleep.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (24-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PreciousHeart View Post
    Huge congratulations Romy!!!

Hi to everyone, Sooty how are you going??? Simpson Desert thanks so much for the info re Sharkey's, I'm looking into it! Hi to everyone else , soclose do you have a date with Dr M yet?

Also, does anyone know if Dr M could take bloods when 12 weeks preggo just to check all is well? I've met someone who has a few NK issues but didn't get tested with him nor take steroids through her IVF clinic and she's now 12 weeks after many miscarriages, I just hope she will be ok and wonder if it would be too late for immune treatment now if she needs it????
    Hi PreciousHeart - sorry I can't answer your question. I'm really not sure, a bit too new to this to know such things yet lol. I don't have my biopsy date yet as I'm waiting for AF to arrive. I hope you're well x

12. The Following User Says Thank You to soclose For This Useful Post:

PreciousHeart  (25-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Libelle View Post
    Thanks Gentay and Nidhulaine!
    Spotting has stopped. It wasn't much at all just gave me a fright! Hopefully it was an isolated incident and not the beginning of AF. As I had a chemical in June I don't think I'll do any home preg tests because if something showed I just know i would then agonise over the faintness or strength of the lines! Unless I know the Hcg level that goes with a positive and its over 100 for the first test I wouldn't be able to relax or get too excited anyway! After my South African donor cycle I literally had 5 seconds to enjoy the news of the positive when the nurse told me 'good news it's positive' then in the next breath she said 'however the levels are a bit low at 47' .... And I knew straight away it was going to turn out to be a chemical pregnancy!! Ahhh

So I'll sit tight for now and wait for next week's blood test hoping that this being something I have not seen before is a good sign - if all my other 15 transferred embryos did not work then my reasoning is that anything different could be a good sign!! At least I'm sticking with that theory for now!

thanks again for the responses!

Libelle
    That's great spotting has stopped. Fingers crossed for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Helenmac that's great news for you. I wish you all the best on your trip to SA! Not long to go for you.

Sooty welcome home. I totally understand what you're saying. I drive myself nuts in whether to poas or not. I usually cave in the end day before BT. I'm praying this little embie is snuggling in tight and that you get good news. You've come so far and put so much into this cycle. I really do hope it's your time xx

Hi to all the other ladies reading along. I'm waiting for bloods to see where AF is and then hopefully biopsy not too far away. Can't stand all this waiting. It's all we seem to do!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to soclose For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (24-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Gentay. Quick post, as it's 2.20am and I'm still on SA time, not Melbourne time....ergh!!!! Just out of curiosity, who are you receiving your immune therapy from in Melbourne? Is it Dr Logistas? That's who I went to, to get on his books for intralipid of the Soy & Egg infusions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentay View Post
    Hi, I am new to this and have been following this thread for a while.

I am in Melbourne. I am under the care of Dr Matthias in Sydney but am receiving my immune therapy in Melbourne for the sake of convenience.

I would like to be added to the facebook group but do not know how to private message members!

Can someone please let me know what to do.

Many thanks.