+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Anyone studying nursing

Would love to hear from anyone who is studying nursing This is really what i want to do. I am a single mum in brisbane and are trying to find info about the best way to do a degree and manage financially and also being able to be there for my son also. I wish there was a way of studying at home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi
    Im studying nursing at ECU in perth but am withdrawing due to having another baby.
    I have applied to study at Charles Darwin University because they offer nursing externally through SATAC and I am just waiting to see if I am successful or not. But you have to attend some oncampus stuff each year (or every second year if you are part time and there are no satilite centres near you). I have decided its worth the money to go to darwin being able to stay home and not worry if my children get sick and cant go to childcare for a few days...........but im not sure if it would be suitable in your situation.
    I know it probably wont help too much but i have given you the link anyway:
    http://eagle.ntu.edu.au/ntu/apps/Cou...5?OpenDocument

I found being a mother that studying part time was easier because with children you need to find the time to study and 2 units a semester is easier than 4.
    Financially wise though you can apply for a Commonwealth Scholarship if you are fulltime so that might be something to look into.

Finances are hard for uni even with a partner, so im not sure what advice to give you for being a single mum. Books are not cheap thats for sure!!!! But i found that the easiest way to pay for them was get the advanced payment from centrelink and then have them deduct the money over the next 6 months.

Good luck with getting into uni and doing nuring. I love studying nursing and cant wait till i can actually work in a nursing environment!
    Last edited by clarebear1983; 20-11-2006 at 16:44. Reason: wrong link