+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am officially being put on insulin. I am losing weight and don't enjoy my meals at all. The educator said that the diet and metformin are clearly not working for me. While it has been keeping the values under most of the time but I have to work extra hard for it. This isn't supposed to be like this. Can you imagine eating 4xvitaweat with peanut butter every morning and only meat and veges for dinner for the rest of the pregnancy? Lol. No. So insulin it is. On the other hand, perhaps she is aiming a bit high? From what I heard, most of you are doing 2hrs test and under 7.4 is ok. I am on 1hr test for the same target?!

Her recommendation for the next pregnancy -- I should be on the lower end of normal BMI. No steroid if I could avoid. Not sure how realistic this is because I still had normal BMI before pregnant. It was on the high end, though. As for steroid, it is what kept my pregnancy early on (I think). Anyway, she said that it is genetic.

I really hope that it goes away after pregnancy. If not, I might have underlying diabetes.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope
    My fasting levels need to be below 5.0 (test after 2 hours of meal) and all others under 6.7 (tested 2 hours after meal)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cevapa View Post
    @bbhope
    My fasting levels need to be below 5.0 (test after 2 hours of meal) and all others under 6.7 (tested 2 hours after meal)
    Same. My only problems are with my fasting levels. They upped my metformin to 2grams at night. Back next week for scan and review. Must admit I've gotten really sick of eating all the same stuff and have strayed off the diet at times, but my bsl's have still been fine - just those damn fasting levels.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am the opposite. Fasting has been good. It is the after meal that throws me off. I hope once i am on insulin, i can at least enjoy the food a bit more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had two mornings on the increased metformin so far and both have been under 5! Hopefully this does the trick!!
    I found reducing portion size means i can enjoy my naughty food when I'm craving it, and drinking lots of water in between. Obviously when I'm super busy at work my levels are even lower as I'm working it all off. On my days off my levels are higher but still under the 6.7.
    I have one week left at work, cannot wait!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm nearly 15 weeks and got diagnosed at 6.5 weeks with a fasting bsl of 5.3, a diagnosis is a fasting bsl of 5.1 and above. In our area health, they want pre breakfast bsl to be 5.3 or below and 1 hour post meals of 7.4 or below.

My fasting bsl are sitting between 4.6-5.0. I'm only doing qid bsl's on my days off and they are usually under 7.0.

I have also lost 3kg since being diagnosed. Helps that I have gone off chocolate!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, actually my OB is happy with my values. He knows that I have been working really hard and being miserable. He leaves it up to me to decide if I want to be on the insulin or not. Basically, he just wants me to tough it out for the rest of pregnancy. Sure, super boring diet but it would be less monitoring than using the insulin. He left the script for me. As long as I keep it under 8 one he post meal (take into account of error on the machine), I am OK. My fasting went over 5.0 sometime but I find the machine isn't that accurate anyway. As long as under 5.5, OB isn't worried.

The educator is just being super strict and she wanted me to enjoy food a bit more and thus the suggestion of insulin. I think I will tough it out for now. Just keep taking 2x metformin. I think I ate something new and went over about 3x only this week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I totally agree about the machine not being accurate.
    When I feel as though I've been super good and get a reading of 7.0 I know it's wrong. I wash my hands again and re-do it and it's below 6.5.
    I keep telling DH I don't think this whole thing is accurate

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, I couldn't agree more. When I retested with the same finger before the blood dried out, it gave me a different value. I reckon the error is within 0.5 or so.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyway I still can't get my fasting levels below 5.0 - am on 82 units units of insulin now

Can a person be insulin resistant?