+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Returning to Work

I'm returning to part time work in January, I'm pretty excited about it (can't believe in saying that).

My daughter will be 8 months when I go back. I'm interested to hear how others find returning to work? Daycare?

I'm going back three days per week, I can't decide what days to do. Any other part time workers? What days do you prefer?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My twin boys were born in May and I'm already back at work part time (two mornings a week).

In January im going back full time and my husband is staying home with our boys and working two days a week.

We made this decision for our family life because I earn the same amount as DH but work less hours so we get more time together as a family.

Childcare costs would cripple us so we are having a relative look after our boys two days a week.

I was looking forward to going back to work as well and the two mornings has helped ease me in without missing my boys too much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I went back to work when both my kids were just under 12 months. I have worked a few different part time hours but am happy with 3 days a week now.

One thing I found was working 3 days in a row too much for the kids going to care, and too much for me as well. Two days then a day off then another day suits us much better.

I really enjoy going to work, as long as your child is happy with their carer (whoever that may be) it makes things much easier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i am returning to work next year hopefully just 2 days. dd is already in daycare wends so i would *like* to keep that day and the other day a tues or thurs so then we basically get work out the way in one lot, then have the rest of the week together with no work interruptions. im also up for rotated weekend work. dh doesnt work weekends so it would be extra money for us. i couldnt work every weekend or we would have no family time.
    a friend of mine works mon, tues, thurs. She likes a break after working 2 days, work one more day then a '3 day weekend'. Her dd goes to IL's mondays and daycare other 2 days. When she returned to her job, she was not guarnteed her original position, she now hates her job and just works solely for money and misses her dd but doesnt regrett the time she is away at work from her - she "likes" missing her dd and thinks she is a better mum having time away for herself.
    I dont know my feelings about leaving my ds for work yet, he still seems so little to be without me
    Last edited by Beefie; 06-11-2013 at 14:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd definitely work Mondays and Fridays cos then you get extra days off for public holidays!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The only guaranteed mondau/friday public holidays are Labour day and good friday

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm thinking of working Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. I don't think I could be away from her for three days straight but the idea of working Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday is tempting...four day weekend every week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I went back to work 2 days. Sunday and tuesday. Occasionally do a few hours on another day.
    Sunday was great as it was $35 an hour and hubby could look after her so I didnt have to worry.
    Tuesday she would go to family day care so I had her the rest of the week. I wasnt too worried losing the sunday family day as we still had saturday as a family and hubby usually finishes work at 3/4pm everyday anyway. It worked really well too as they had a "daddy day" every week.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I went back when my daughter was 7 months old, 3 days per week, Tues-Thurs. 3 consecutive days is hard in terms of getting any cleaning done or cooking meals that take a bit longer, but I love having a 4 day weekend. It also means that if her 3 days away from me (while I'm at work) are a bit disruptive in terms of not sleeping as much as usual, she then has 4 consecutive days in her own home environment to catch up.
    Last edited by JR03; 06-11-2013 at 14:49.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

May baby  (06-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll go back 1 day a week the her financial year. Then gradually build to 3 days. 1 day will be a Saturday so that will be daddy/bubba day and mum said she's happy for any other days so I think I'm set...that's if I even go back