+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Two conception questions

We're trying to conceive bub #2. About 1 week before my period was due I woke up and smelt a familiar smell. It was the 'phantom smell' I experienced throughout most of my last pregnancy: a foul smell that didn't come from anything around me, it was a symptom of my pregnancy.

Anyway, because of this smell, I was so convinced that I was pregnant I did a test and... it was negative. It was a test that said could be done 6 days before so I thought perhaps I did the test too early. The next day though, the smell was gone. And then a few days later I got my period.

So I am just wondering, is possible for a woman to conceive and miscarry (or whatever term is appropriate) within the two week wait?

My other question is the pineapple one.
    I remember reading about it last time and eating fresh pineapple after ovulation and it "worked" for me. I'm going to try it again, but I was wondering if this pineapple trick is based on fact or just anecdotal evidence?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's entirely possible that conception and even implantation would occur then survival of the fittest/natural selection takes over and your body returns back to normal business and AF arrives. Your body is made to detect problems with embryos and will treat a defective embryo accordingly rather than put your body through a pregnancy for an unfit embryo/fetus. Whether that happens before AF or in the weeks following - its really the same scenario.

Not to belittle miscarriage but I don't believe it's a miscarriage if you are within the few days either side of your expected AF. Not too long ago before pee sticks were around - women were less inclined to go crazy about their cycle lengths so if AF showed up a few days late because of this natural selection type process or 'chemical' pregnancy - they didn't go around saying they had a miscarriage at 4w3d or whatever. But anyway - that parts just my opinion.

About the pineapple - I think its pineapple core and only within the 5 days after(?) Ovulation. Something to do with the enzymes making a lovely lining for implantation. I didn't do it cos I can't eat fresh pineapple - it blisters the inside of my mouth!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nirok For This Useful Post:

debsch  (04-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nirok View Post
    Not to belittle miscarriage but I don't believe it's a miscarriage if you are within the few days either side of your expected AF. Not too long ago before pee sticks were around - women were less inclined to go crazy about their cycle lengths so if AF showed up a few days late because of this natural selection type process or 'chemical' pregnancy - they didn't go around saying they had a miscarriage at 4w3d or whatever. But anyway - that parts just my opinion.
    I agree. That's why I wrote "miscarry (or whatever term is appropriate)". There must be a medical term for it... failed implantation?
    Also, please educate me, what does AF mean?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no - I didn't think you had used the wrong term, like I said - just my opinion on the process in general I'm sure there is a proper real medical term for it but I don't know what it is.

AF is "aunt flo" or your period.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nirok For This Useful Post:

debsch  (05-11-2013)