When I first became pregnant I thought wow all the mums are crazy for owning more than one pram.
Come today I own my fourth. I've joined the pram hoarding association 😳 LOL! And dd is 6 months old..... NO MORE
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 23
27-10-2013 13:59 #1
Confessions.... Of a pramaholic
The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:
27-10-2013 14:05 #2Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2013
Oooh do tell... What have you had, why did/didn't you like them?
27-10-2013 14:16 #3
Started off with emmalunja because they are just beautiful! I would get swivel wheels next time around. Then I got a second hand one given to me by my mum for when we go away or to shack. Comes in handy for when renovating etc...
Now I'm preg again just got bugaboo donkey & loved it so much I wanted the stroller!! Bugaboo wins hands down. Wish I started with one!!!!
27-10-2013 14:17 #4
OHHHH! And I had a mountain buggy jungle but sold it a couple weeks ago to a friend :/ god. I'm addicted to baby stuff lol
27-10-2013 15:06 #5
I've had seven. :P In no real order:
1) Purchased by my parents. It was a steelcraft pram. Too bulky.
2) One of those $30 big w ones. They're the worst, so low and bad.
3) Target- red one, I think they're called Saturn or baby love or something? Around $75 on sale? These are pretty good, the handles are fairly high up, which is great for taller parents.
4) A valco I found next to the skip outside my apartment. IT WAS FINE GUYS. Don't judge me. There wasn't anything wrong with it, and it was also a very good stroller.
5) I won a stroller. I won't name the brand because it seems ungrateful. It was $240, and it wasn't as good as my Target stroller or dumpster stroller.
6) $50, no brand three wheeler stroller. Hey, I've never used one before, and I was curious, and we were moving, so it seemed easier to just buy a second hand one.... It tips on slopes. It's also very long.
7) Valco snap 4. I love it, and DD loves it. It's easy to walk long distances with, and easy to lug around Sydney's cbd.
Through out all this... I've used the one ergo carrier, and it's grand. Prams will come and go, but ergo's will always have my heart.
(My DD is three and a half, and 14kgs. We just gave the ergo away, and the valco seems good for a while longer.)
27-10-2013 15:22 #6
27-10-2013 15:30 #7
I've got two but would easily have more if space/money allowed for it. I've got 5 carriers though lol
27-10-2013 15:35 #8
Ummm yep. 2.5 years and I have had:
Steelcraft profile (still have this one)
Baby jogger city elite
Swallow something (4 wheeler)
Valco twin (still have this one in storage)
Hipod ifold (still have this one)
Plus multiple carriers (only use the Ergo now though)
And I am now buying a Phil & Teds double.
Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
27-10-2013 15:38 #9
I've had a strider 3 the first ones that came out. Then a phil and teds as it was the only decent double at the time. Then a Quinny buzz, but decided I needed a double still so went and got a strider plus. Oh and a quick smart stroller.
I would do anything for a donkey! I think dh would kill me if I wanted another pram... But with bub 4 on the way we may med one as I don't know if the strider will fit behind the third row of seats...
27-10-2013 15:38 #10
Ive had a few prams and strollers since having my ds(hes not even 2 yet). Recently put a new one on lay by for when i have my second next year :P
1) First pram my dad got for me and was horrible. One of those ones from kmart so i just gave it away.
2) One from big w. The child care one with 4 wheels and has a reverse handle? Pretty sure the brand is child care but anyway wheels were faulty.
3) The red one from target. Has 3 wheels and didnt seem to be very sturdy.
4) Those dymples umbrella strollers from big w. Absolutely useless imo.
5) Steelcraft holiday stroller that i had for a while and served me well.
6) Another stroller from target. I think the brand is mothers choice and ive been using it for months and i like it
My 7th pram will be a double with the seat that attaches down the bottom and the most expensive so it better be good to me! :P
OH and i had a baby love pram as well that was amazeballs. So i guess that makes almost 8
Sent from my GT-N7000 using The Bub Hub mobile app
Last edited by fluffykitty; 27-10-2013 at 15:42.
Cots on BubhubLooking to buy a cot or bassinet? :: Cot safety checklist :: Local or online nursery ...
LATESTWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?7 ways to break the ‘mumnotony’ at homeGuide to government family benefit payments
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
How long would you leave your 8 (almost 9) year old at home alone?General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
Missed miscarriage... waiting, waiting, waitingPregnancy Loss Support
Driving after phobia - little driving experience & dealing with toddler yelling/screaAnxiety & Panic Disorders
The Not So Serious Vent Thread #7General Chat
Demeter Fertility - Dr David Knight?pregnancy and babies through IVF
Financial advisor or accountant?Family Finances
Has anybody's family member or friend set up as a registered carer?Childcare Options