+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Irregular cycles - advice please

hi everyone,

My husband and I have been TTC for a number of months. I came off my birth control at the beginning of May. Before I went on BC, I had regular cycles however have been on it for 7 years without a break. Since coming off, my cycles have been all over the place. I didn't get a period for 3 months. Then my next cycle was 49 days and I don't think I ovulated. My most recent cycle was 33 days and I think I did ovulate however not until day 27, which means my luteal phase was only 6 days.

I just don't know how long it should take for my cycle to regulate? It seems like it should only take a couple of months, however it's almost been 6 months and I am still having problems. Does anyone have any advice or similar stories? Should I go see my dr or wait a little longer? I'm trying to be patient but just feeling frustrated!

Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Your gp is probably going to tell you to give it 12 months of trying before they do anything. It can just take some people a bit longer to regulate after coming off the pill.

I personally didn't have the patience to wait for my cycle to regulate (though I was waiting after dd1 was born, though I'm sure you don't mind our situations are a little different), so I started taking b6 to lengthen my luteal phase, and Vitex to help me ovulate earlier. Pregnant first cycle!!!! She's now 17 months.

I know other ladies on here have gotten acupuncture, seen naturopaths and done Chinese herbal medicine.

I googled natural fertility options like a crazy woman. I was quite obsessed, but I have my two dds now, and I believe it was all worth it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi KLD89, wow reading your post sounds like exactly what happened to me!! It took 3 months to get my period after coming off birth control and even after that my period was out of whack. Don't wait! Go and see a naturopath who will put you on some yucky tasting herbs to drink but i wish I hadn't waited! within a few months my periods were back to 28 days with a normal flow!

Where abouts do you live? I can recommend someone amazing if you are in Sydney! PM me xo