+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh right. I totally understand that some kids are different and some parents are different and it is all good!

Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post
    @beebs. I didn't mean YOU were suggesting direct supervision. I was only replying to you in the first part of my post (regarding a legal age).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Renn  (22-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't think ill 100 percent know where they are at all times but the certainly won't be roaming the streets.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I expect I will with DS, but he won't even go to the toilet at home without telling someone what he's doing! Right now, I can't imagine him not checking constantly.

Overall though, I don't expect to know where they are every minute. If there's changes in plans I would hope they'd tell me, but kids are impulsive & get caught up in the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I live in a very quite family orientated community and my eldest is 7. I don't know if I would be comfortable with her going out on her own doing whatever on the streets with out my supervision. Having said that I don't know if I will just adapt and be ok with it by the time she's 11. I think definitely by the time my 3rd is 11 I';ll be more lax.

I was unsupervised from morning till afternoon every weekend from about the age of 6 but I was the youngest of 3 and I was always tagging along with my siblings. I also lived in a country town and I know that we got up to a lot of stupid things. When I was 7 my older brothers and I rode our bikes to the dump. In those days the dump was just piles of rubbish.

We had a great time scrounging and running through trash until my brother hit me in the head with a bike fork as he was running down a pile of rubbish by accident. He split my head open and I still remember them taking me to the servos to wash my head and saying "Don't tell mum we were playing at the dump." I do honestly think my mother should have taken m ore responsibility for our whereabouts.

Eco Goddess is offline Loving life under the Bodhi tree!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's a tough one - at that age we spent our days riding our bikes and playing outdoors only coming home for lunch! Yet I think there is some responsibility on parents to ensure that their children are mature enough and responsible enough to be out alone.