Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ozeymumof5 View Post
    Next time (if ever needed OP) go to mental health...they have to keep everything private. The police won't be involved at all and your dh will have the psychiatrist's help...MUCH better than the police will ever offer
    I work very very closely with the mental health crisis assessment team or CAT..... They as health professionals are blind by mandatory reporting and from doing work placement with them they do more reports than I do and I come into contact with at least 20 at risk patients/families per day.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meags82 For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (21-10-2013),twotrunks  (23-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ozeymumof5 View Post
    OP, I fully support you but am not willing to face the BH perfects who have never been humiliated by the police. PM me if you want further support. I'm not willing nor am I mentally stable to put up with the 'perfect' bh crew out there. I find it very offensive that I am here to support you yet other's who I highly doubt have ever been in this situation to sit there and think they 'know it all' when each and every persons detainls are very different from others. I hope you can resolve this. FTP if you ask me...lol \
    Gone from this thread due to inconsiderate members.
    I think it is great that you are here to support the OP however I think the issue is too close to home for you to provide balanced and objective advice. Assuming that others haven't been in a similar situation is wrong. Even if they haven't they may be able to provide more objective advice. I for one have had some experience in this issue as a young person and I for one wish someone would have stepped in like the police have done in this case.

I am sorry you are going through a rough trot too but please don't over react and think those that who disagree with you are part of the perfect BH majority.
    Last edited by VicPark; 21-10-2013 at 19:00.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (21-10-2013),Lauzy  (21-10-2013),Mokeybear  (21-10-2013),Pusheen The Cat  (21-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsharvey View Post
    I really feel concerned that anyone would be advocating against calling the police in a situation involving violence/threatened violence and children. I know that many of us may have had negative experiences with law enforcement and can feel put off by that, but they are trained to effectively and efficiently manage these situations. I think it's irresponsible to suggest that people are better off not calling the police for immediate help should such a scenario occur.
    Yes agreed I was also horrified to hear that, if somebody is behaving violently in your home, particularly with children police should be called, OP is lucky the situation ended the way it did, others unfortunately not so lucky.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    *hugs* OP. What a horrible situation for you and your family to endure...

While I agree with PP's regarding the benefits of mandatory reporting, I don't understand why people need to condemn the OP or sound condescending...I'm sure in calmer times the OP would agree too but by the tone of her post this all sounds quite raw, would a bit more compassion hurt?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Luna Lovegood For This Useful Post:

trustno1  (21-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Yup, I had a situation where I took one of my boys to ER due to a mark on his arm, that looked purple and didn't blanch when a glass was put on it. After they had done tests on him and ruled out menningecoccal, I walked in on the registrar talking to another registrar about how she was going to report me to DOCS because I was obviously abusing him.

I was utterly mortified, humiliated and devastated that they thought that. I cried to them that I would never hurt my baby, and the look she gave me told me left me in no doubt that she didn't believe a word I said.

The professor (not a registrar) came around the next day and decided that it was a bite mark in the shape of a child's and told me he thought my 3 year old had bitten him. He said these types of things happen all the time. A complaint wasn't made against me - but I spent 24 hours feeling like a complete wreck.

Not sure why you think you are the only one to ever be falsely accused of something Ozemum - but it is clear from some of these comments you just aren't.
    I rather dh was accused by the hospital as dd had a dislocated shoulder at 18 months. He had picked her up and swung her around playing he used to call it tbe aeroplane ride and she loved it. Pop went her shoulder. Instantly I knew what he had done off to er we went. He was questioned for an hour, as was I separately in the hospital I work at by people I knew by people I report too. Its a terrible position to be in. But one given my position I wasn't immune nor should I be. Just ordinary people doing their JOBS. Just seeing my dh face in my head a broken man in tears at the very thought he did actually do that to his dd, but strangers questioning whether it was deliberate broke him in half. He was scared to even pick her up at all for weeks afterwards. So ozzymum, I know your having a rough trot but dont assume no one but you and the op have been through this and your alone and no one understands as clearly the clubs not that exclusive.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miados2007 For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (21-10-2013),beebs  (21-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    [QUOTE=Best Things;7508133]Mental health workers are bound by the same policies regarding mandatory reporting as police ect are.

QUOTE] NO they are NOT!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Why you are getting so angry? Most people here have said they feel bad for the OP. But that mandatory reporting means that the police have to report it, even if they don't want to, even if they feel like they shouldn't. It sounds like being a mandatory reporter is a really difficult position to be in.

[text deleted by moderator]
    Last edited by BH-KatiesMum; 21-10-2013 at 20:25. Reason: deleting quote

12. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (21-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=ozeymumof5;7508141]
    Quote Originally Posted by Best Things View Post
    Mental health workers are bound by the same policies regarding mandatory reporting as police ect are.

QUOTE] NO they are NOT!
    Sorry, but I work with them and they are the ones that I consult too and along with my reports we make a case to childwelfare. :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    They are, I have both police and mental health workers in my immediate family.
    I am also a mandatory reporter and have had to make a report on several occasions. For me, it's not even a question. I would be unable to live with myself if I overlooked or dismissed a case that led to a child coming to harm.
    That being said, I can understand the situation you are in OP and I really feel for you. Please do try to recognise that the police were doing exactly what they have to. .although it sounds like they could have been more tactful.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2016 - Member you'd most like to meet
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Seriously. No one is ridiculing anyone. No one is diminishing your experience. You are clearly very passionate about this topic, but nobody is attacking or being aggressive. Almost everyone who has posted has had knowledge/experience on one or other or both sides of the process. It may not match yours exactly but it doesn't mean it is less valid. Just because people don't agree with everything in the OP doesn't mean they haven't offered support and empathy.

Everyone is sharing their experiences and I think people have done so calmly and respectfully. No one has said they are perfect. No one is trying to bring you down. I am sorry you feel this way, but it's just not happening.

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (21-10-2013),beebs  (21-10-2013),ChickyBee  (21-10-2013),dancingchipmunk  (21-10-2013),GirlsRock  (21-10-2013),JustUsTwo  (21-10-2013),mama and her little bearxxx  (21-10-2013),Miados2007  (21-10-2013),Mokeybear  (21-10-2013),Pusheen The Cat  (21-10-2013),VicPark  (21-10-2013)