+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default If you had a nanny...

So I'm a full time nanny, I've just switched families and I now have a 14 month old boy and a 4 year old girl to keep amused for 8 hours a day 5 days a week haha.
    I'm really good with the 4 year old, she loves all the craft stuff and games I bring along but I have never looked after child as young as the boy.. Well for a long period of time.. Normally only in short hits.
    My question to you is how would you keep a 14th month old amused all day? What would expect your nanny to do with him all day? I'm a little but lost for ideas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My DS is 20m old and around that age he just LOVED to do his own thing and explore his surrounding. Maybe having a 'bottom' draw or cupboard (if ok with the parents) just for him with plastic containers, cups etc so he can go through it (just be careful with fingers getting jammed!) OR a box with similar items.
    Pots, pans and spoons are also a favourite.
    Peek a boo games, nursery rhymes, pointing things out around the house / outside, books, splashing in shallow tubs of water (supervise very closely)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do the same things as with the older ones. Parks, dancing, songs, craft.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Teach him sign language! Super cute

Thanks
    Reviews
    They are really good ideas!! Haha I couldn't come up with anything cause they aren't aloud downstairs during the day, not aloud to watch tv and they have hardly any toys... Just books. He really lives to run though so it's a shame I can't take them out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Let him explore the craft materials while 4yo creates.
    Imaginative (dress ups, kitchen stuff, dolls), exploration anywhere but particularly outside!, cellophane / newspaper, instruments (make shakers using plastic bottle filled with rice / beans / pasta), tent / cubby house, blocks, balls, water play, sand, walks around the block, play at the park, visit the library.

Have you got qualifications? Not trying to be rude but I would expect a paid nanny to have a range of experiences to offer and to have an understanding of child development. childcarenetwork dot com might be a good site for you to visit for ideas.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If they don't have many toys, can they/you join a local toy library & borrow some?

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Firsttimemummabear View Post
    They are really good ideas!! Haha I couldn't come up with anything cause they aren't aloud downstairs during the day, not aloud to watch tv and they have hardly any toys... Just books. He really lives to run though so it's a shame I can't take them out
    No blocks or anything? Can you improvise with things in the room and make some blocks, make a cubby house, obstacle course so he can climb and roll over smaller, softer objects?

Are they in an apartment?

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Use craft time with the little girl to make musical instruments that the kids can play together.

Song and dance time too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Firsttimemummabear View Post
    Odd

They arent allowed outside at all 5 days a week? They are to be kept upstairs ALL day with not much to do or TV?
    I think the parents should really provide you with some guidence as to what they would like you to do and provide resources (more craft materials suitable for under 3yrs old, toys you can rotate, wooden puzzles, blocks, soft balls, balloons...
    You cant read books ALL day...pft...